Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about XPEL Stealth and Ceramic Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking delivery of my Model 3 LR AWD in March (I hope). I'm planning on keeping the car for a long time. I really like the look of the XPEL Stealth PPF, but I'd also like to put on a ceramic coating to make it easy to clean. Ceramic Pro has different "packages", and the top package that has a "lifetime" warranty has 4 coats of the 9H Ceramic Pro coating on the car. Has anyone tried this combo before? I'm worried that the high gloss ceramic coating will end up making the satin effect of the XPEL Stealth not as good. Thanks all!

I'm taking delivery of my Model 3 LR AWD in March (I hope). I'm planning on keeping the car for a long time. I really like the look of the XPEL Stealth PPF, but I'd also like to put on a ceramic coating to make it easy to clean. Ceramic Pro has different "packages", and the top package that has a "lifetime" warranty has 4 coats of the 9H Ceramic Pro coating on the car. Has anyone tried this combo before? I'm worried that the high gloss ceramic coating will end up making the satin effect of the XPEL Stealth not as good. Thanks all!

I suggest contacting Xpel customer support and ask them directly. In my experience, their customer service is top notch and you will likely receive a reply within 1-2 business days.

I was at a tinter yesterday talking this PPF. They told me the Stealth will need to be done on the entire car because it will change the color somewhat due to matte finish. Not sure why one would combine a high gloss with a duller satin? Having to do the whole car with Stealth is a show stopper for me, especially since I like the factory red so much.

My car is wrapped in XPEL Stealth and coated with a ceramic coating. The coating has not negatively affected the satin texture of the wrap while still allowing water to bead off and making cleaning *much* easier. I like it so much that I would do it again on a future vehicle.

I have ceramic pro gold package on my 911 and model x (which is wrapped matte black).

to answer your question, no it won’t make the car glossy at all.

I was at a tinter yesterday talking this PPF. They told me the Stealth will need to be done on the entire car because it will change the color somewhat due to matte finish. Not sure why one would combine a high gloss with a duller satin? Having to do the whole car with Stealth is a show stopper for me, especially since I like the factory red so much.
The PPF and the ceramic coating are 2 separate products. The PPF is a film wrap and the ceramic coating is a liquid, basically a really advanced wax. The main thing the PPF doesn't have is the hydrophobic qualities. So the idea is to put the ceramic coating over the PPF to cover that weakness. I agree that the factory red looks really good, but after seeing the results of the Stealth version I was sold. It just looks more "premium" to me, is the best way I can explain it. Either way I was going to do a full PPF. I plan on keeping this car for 10+ years and want the peace of mind of keeping the car looking great for the life of the car.

My car is wrapped in XPEL Stealth and coated with a ceramic coating. The coating has not negatively affected the satin texture of the wrap while still allowing water to bead off and making cleaning *much* easier. I like it so much that I would do it again on a future vehicle.
Can you share how much each service cost? The wrap and the coating? Hard to spend so much after plunking down a lot of cash already for the car.