Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QUESTION (...almost off-topic ?)

warden_clyffe

Jun 16, 2015
Germany
Hey Roadstariers,

starting the general PEM overhauling of an import-Roady from Norway I found this:
IMG_5206.jpeg

now QUESTION: Is this an illegal immegrant (...Norway is NOT part of the EU) ?

:cool:

p.s. as the Italians have their "Ötzi" (iceman) from the glacier, we named it "Fjordi"

• Funny
Reactions: Mark77a

gregd

Dec 31, 2014
CM98
No, actually quite ON-topic... The second question is how did he/she get in there? Assuming that the plastic part was properly connected to the PEM, I would inspect the rest of the ducting for any added "ventilation holes", since I don't expect there is enough space for it to get around the blades in the blower.

To your first question, I would recommend immediate deportation back to its home country. Definitely an unwanted intruder.

warden_clyffe

Jun 16, 2015
Germany
OK, we had a funeral yesterday (dust-bin...) :D

Look at the state the vehicle was when it came to me:

IMG_5191.jpg

this is a 2010 european 2.5 with almost 90k miles on the odo (!), probably never ever washed before...

The PEM-fans housing on the right side was missing the top-cover and the blower that side lost most of the blades (pics to follow) - that was most probably the entrance.

Checkout the motor-cooling:

A51486DA-0977-4DF0-A348-9D87590C4D54.jpg

:eek:

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC