Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question and advise needed on this used model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about to pull the trigger on this deal, and I am very excited:

2016 model x, AP2.0, FSD, 6 seaters, kinda everything i needed and only have 22k miles. It is Tesla CPO, only thing bother me is the falcon wing door glass seal looked deteriorated like lots of model x owner had before(see attached photo). But I was told this is under the extended warranty, it can be replaced by SC, other than that is great. It is $56,800 includes $1000 shipping.

Is this a good deal? Any advise is welcome

Anything or any advise do i need to pay attention when i am doing the final inspection at delivery center?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2DFBEC65-0383-46F3-9137-855A52AA6849.png
    2DFBEC65-0383-46F3-9137-855A52AA6849.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Agreed, sounds like a good price. Just take your time and be thorough checking each function and each interior and exterior component. You might consider a checklist or at least document your findings. If you find any issues you will need to decide which ones you will want fixed and which ones to accept.

This thread is over a month old.. the seal is covered by warranty... OP, did you buy?
Ha glad you asked. This is over a month, I still haven’t got my car yet. I’m updating the OP and story here:

So that was a great deal, and my eta was 5/12, just on that night, I found an even better deal (I think), it’s 2017 MX 75d, with Only 12k miles, has all the checks I needed, 6 seaters, leather seats, FSD, PUP, HEPA, tech package and almost new condition with 4years warranty. And with 3k more than the previous one, it’s 58k plus 1k shipping still. Plus the previous car fwd seal bothered me.

so I pulled trigger quickly on this one and cancelled the previous one. That was 5/13, due to all the cancellation and reordering process, so as of today, the delivery updates most likely be next week. Can’t wait...

Agreed, sounds like a good price. Just take your time and be thorough checking each function and each interior and exterior component. You might consider a checklist or at least document your findings. If you find any issues you will need to decide which ones you will want fixed and which ones to accept.
Thank you! I was looking at the checklist posted on TMC, super line list though

Ha glad you asked. This is over a month, I still haven’t got my car yet. I’m updating the OP and story here:

So that was a great deal, and my eta was 5/12, just on that night, I found an even better deal (I think), it’s 2017 MX 75d, with Only 12k miles, has all the checks I needed, 6 seaters, leather seats, FSD, PUP, HEPA, tech package and almost new condition with 4years warranty. And with 3k more than the previous one, it’s 58k plus 1k shipping still. Plus the previous car fwd seal bothered me.

so I pulled trigger quickly on this one and cancelled the previous one. That was 5/13, due to all the cancellation and reordering process, so as of today, the delivery updates most likely be next week. Can’t wait...
Would you mind posting on this thread what the procedure was for cancelling and reordering and how your $100 fee was handled? Although I took delivery last week of the one I ordered, I was curious what would happen if I refused the car or cancelled the order. It might help others who are in a similar situation. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Would you mind posting on this thread what the procedure was for cancelling and reordering and how your $100 fee was handled? Although I took delivery last week of the one I ordered, I was curious what would happen if I refused the car or cancelled the order. It might help others who are in a similar situation. Thanks in advance for your reply.

of course. The $100 is not refundable. But it’s worth for me to order the other one. What I did was put another $100 on the current car, then I reached out to advisor and let them know, they just simply cancelled my previous ones and create another RN # for the other one on my Tesla account and also swap the vin for insurance and sent to Tesla . The next day, I called my loan agent the cancellation and reorder, they were required the refund of the loan from Tesla. So the critical paths were that Tesla swapped the DMV tag from the cancelled car to the new order, then Tesla refunded to my loan agent, then loan agent redone the fund for the new order, and then Tesla prepare to delivery.
I confirmed with Tesla that before you sign the contract on the delivery date, you can simply walk away from if you don’t like the car, the only cost is the $100 deposit, other than that the shipping fee was part of the loan, it won’t be charged.