Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question: Delivery, Payment, Agreements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys new user but my scheduled delivery is tomorrow at 10am.
I'm asking this question here because my SA is not helpful at all.

So, i've confirmed my delivery date tomorrow at 10am. I am doing a trade in of my existing vehicle.

My questions are:

1. When should I receive my agreements to sign? -- My SA says within 24 hours but were already within 24 hours and no agreements. He also said if we dont have them by tomorrow they will "look into it tomorrow." i've voiced my concern that if we escalate tomorrow that most likely won't be enough time for them to A) Get it to me and B) have me review/sign.
  2. Payment -- According to my SA because i'm financing through Tesla (JP Morgan) that i'd need to pay either with Cashiers Check or via online utilizing Plaid. I'd rather pay through Plaid but I don't see the option to even begin setting this up. Is that because i need to complete the agreement section first before it is available within my account info?

I'm excited to get this car, but the sales experience as everyone knows is pretty lacking. As a sales professional myself its really appalling but that's a different story.

Thank you all for your feedback/help

1. I picked mine up from my nearby SC. I didn't receive the ability to review/sign my agreement until it was ready for pickup around 2PM of my scheduled pickup day.
2. I too financed through Tesla (JP Morgan Chase). I paid my remaining balance (down payment) via ACH a few days before my scheduled pickup day. It was pretty straight forward for me, there was a Pay Now button or something to that effect.

Not sure the number you've been calling, but I'd call Tesla Order Support they've been really helpful in my experience: 510-249-3100

What about insurance? Did you need to have the Tesla on your insurance before pickup? My delivery date is Oct 22nd and I am still unsure if I just need to show my current insurance or do I need to have the Tesla on the policy before I go. What if I reject due to too many issues/defects? I asked the Tesla rep at one of the stores and she said to wait until the day I pick up the car. But I don't want it to be too late and not get the car that day. Any insight would be helpful. Thank You!

What about insurance? Did you need to have the Tesla on your insurance before pickup? My delivery date is Oct 22nd and I am still unsure if I just need to show my current insurance or do I need to have the Tesla on the policy before I go. What if I reject due to too many issues/defects? I asked the Tesla rep at one of the stores and she said to wait until the day I pick up the car. But I don't want it to be too late and not get the car that day. Any insight would be helpful. Thank You!
It depends on the state you live in. In some states the vehicle (VIN) needs to be on the policy at delivery. In other cases you upload a copy of your current insurance (just the card or the first page of the policy that shows your current vehicle) to Tesla. At delivery, depending on your insurance company, you can call them on the phone or via the insurance app and add the vehicle information once you accept delivery.

If you are trading in your current vehicle to Tesla then at delivery you would remove your old vehicle from your insurance policy, receive a credit for the unused balance of the policy period.

Reactions: Squally73
How long before your delivery date did you pay for the downpayment? I see the option already, but wanted to wait. My delivery date is Friday Oct 22nd. Any tips, pointers would be much appreciated.

Can I connect my bank account through Plaid without paying yet? or is it all one step?

Thanks

How long before your delivery date did you pay for the downpayment? I see the option already, but wanted to wait. My delivery date is Friday Oct 22nd. Any tips, pointers would be much appreciated.

Can I connect my bank account through Plaid without paying yet? or is it all one step?

Thanks
It is your choice but many Tesla buyers choose not to use Plaid. If you bring a cashier's check from a major US bank when you pick up the vehicle Tesla will accept the cashier's check as your down payment.

Reactions: Squally73
Hey guys new user but my scheduled delivery is tomorrow at 10am.
I'm asking this question here because my SA is not helpful at all.

So, i've confirmed my delivery date tomorrow at 10am. I am doing a trade in of my existing vehicle.

My questions are:

1. When should I receive my agreements to sign? -- My SA says within 24 hours but were already within 24 hours and no agreements. He also said if we dont have them by tomorrow they will "look into it tomorrow." i've voiced my concern that if we escalate tomorrow that most likely won't be enough time for them to A) Get it to me and B) have me review/sign.
  2. Payment -- According to my SA because i'm financing through Tesla (JP Morgan) that i'd need to pay either with Cashiers Check or via online utilizing Plaid. I'd rather pay through Plaid but I don't see the option to even begin setting this up. Is that because i need to complete the agreement section first before it is available within my account info?

I'm excited to get this car, but the sales experience as everyone knows is pretty lacking. As a sales professional myself its really appalling but that's a different story.

Thank you all for your feedback/help
1. few days before delivery day with the final estimated amount.
2. bring check with the final amount to pick up day

I had my delivery date moved up to tomorrow afternoon. Already have insurance covered, just need the down payment transmitted or check in hand and I am set for tomorrow.
purchased mats, accessories for the car and have the NEMA 14-50 installed. I think I am good to go.