Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

question for anyone who is on PGE's EV2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

astrorob

stealth performance M3
Aug 27, 2014
oakland, ca
can someone who is on PG&E's schedule EV2 tell me what their "Current Rate" field of their electric service "Service Details" says on pge.com?

i am on EV (for now) and my page gives "HEVAN" as the current rate. i'm trying to stay on top of when they might switch me to another rate due to the end of grandfathering on EV, and make sure i get switched to EV2 ASAP, in case they switch me to E-TOU-C or -D automatically. i'm wondering how EV2 shows up in that field.

thanks!

can someone who is on PG&E's schedule EV2 tell me what their "Current Rate" field of their electric service "Service Details" says on pge.com?

i am on EV (for now) and my page gives "HEVAN" as the current rate. i'm trying to stay on top of when they might switch me to another rate due to the end of grandfathering on EV, and make sure i get switched to EV2 ASAP, in case they switch me to E-TOU-C or -D automatically. i'm wondering how EV2 shows up in that field.

thanks!
I assume if you are on EV you have an EV? If so, not sure tou-c or d is even a choice?

my page gives "HEVAN" as the current rate.
All I can tell from some Google searches is that HEVAN is some kind of interval billed EVA plan. My EVA plan ends on November 2022 which is five years after I started. I most likely will move before then and will be curious if I can take it to my new residence in PG&E territory. It is described on page 3 of my bill at the first group with the line "Rate Schedule: EVA Residential Whole House Service Electric Vehicle"
Details of the grandfathering are in the attached.

Attachments

• ELEC_SCHEDS_EV (Sch) (2).pdf
    412.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

i am on EV (for now) and my page gives "HEVAN" as the current rate. i'm trying to stay on top of when they might switch me to another rate due to the end of grandfathering on EV, and make sure i get switched to EV2 ASAP, in case they switch me to E-TOU-C or -D automatically. i'm wondering how EV2 shows up in that field.!

I'm on EV2-A. I'm not sure where "Service Details" shows up, but I have one of those stupid NGOM meters on my account due to having 3 Powerwalls, so that makes some stuff on pge.com work differently for me.

Bruce.

PS. Random thing...I was scrolling around on this page...

PG&E’s Time-of-Use rate plans

...and there's @bishoppeak with his Model S!

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 5.51.34 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
I'm on EV2-A. I'm not sure where "Service Details" shows up, but I have one of those stupid NGOM meters on my account due to having 3 Powerwalls, so that makes some stuff on pge.com work differently for me.

Bruce.

PS. Random thing...I was scrolling around on this page...

PG&E’s Time-of-Use rate plans

...and there's @bishoppeak with his Model S!

Service Details can be accessed through the drop down menu to the right of your name. the Label says Account: Pick "My Account and Services" in the drop down. You will then see your Account and Services and can click on your Electric Service to get details.

Ha - I just did this and it does not show Rate Plan. How odd. I'm on EVA-1, but it shows NEM2MT

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
Service Details can be accessed through the drop down menu to the right of your name. the Label says Account: Pick "My Account and Services" in the drop down. You will then see your Account and Services and can click on your Electric Service to get details.

Ha - I just did this and it does not show Rate Plan. How odd. I'm on EVA-1, but it shows NEM2MT

Ah thank you. So I'm EVA2-A NEM1, and my Current Rate shows as NEMMT.

Bruce.

thanks for the replies, sorry i didn't explain where to find this info in the PGE website.

so it sounds like this service ID type might not be a unique identifier for a particular rate plan, given @getakey and @bmah's responses. in googling the string HEVAN i did find a PGE spreadsheet with some other identifiers but it was old and pre-dated EV2 and TOU-C.

well, i guess i just have to keep an eye on the bill and/or just look out for some kind of change in the string to determine if they have taken me off of EV.

as for the choice of plans, it turns out that for my usage and system size TOU-C would be the best plan after EV, however, with the powerwalls giving me the ability to load-shift, the order becomes EV, EV2, TOU-C, which is why i'm concerned about this. you'd think they'd just auto-switch you from EV to EV2 but this is PGE we're talking about here :)

Curious by your description ( "Rate Schedule: EVA Residential Whole House Service Electric Vehicle") Regarding “whole house”. Is your home run solely on electricity? Wondering if its some designation for developments that are and then further have an EV so given a special rate as a big electricity consumer.

Last edited:
I have found that the "Electric Rate Plan Comparison" tool is the only place on the PG&E web site that will show you your current rate plan in real time before your billing cycle closes. The fastest way to get there is to click "Energy Usage Details" on the Dashboard screen then use the Jump To box at the upper right and select "Electric Rate Plan Comparison".

When I go to My Accounts and Services and look at the Current Rate field on my electric Service ID details, it just says NEMMT. The black and white bill downloaded from that Service ID page says "Rate Schedule: EV2A/NEMPS" at the upper right of each page.

Curious by your description ( "Rate Schedule: EVA Residential Whole House Service Electric Vehicle") Regarding “whole house”. Is your home run solely on electricity? Wondering if its some designation for developments that are and then further have an EV so given a special rate as a big electricity consumer.
No. The Whole House designation is supposed to differentiate it from EV-B which is separately metered. In that case, you can have your house on one meter on whatever Residential rate schedule you like and you have a separate meter dedicated to EV charging.

My pet peeve, the sub-metering trials that happened a while back didn't go anywhere. PG&E should allow you to put a meter socket next to your EV charging outlet and they should put a SmartMeter there. Wireless communication should pass that usage to the billing system where it is billed as EV usage on EV-B and the same interval data for the EV usage is subtracted from your main meter. However, it's not in PG&E's interest to do this. Instead, they can cram us into plans like EV2-A that completely devalue our solar generation. Just imagine if you could put your house and solar on one of the E-TOU plans and earn full credit for your solar and charge your car for half the price.

Reactions: astrorob
I have found that the "Electric Rate Plan Comparison" tool is the only place on the PG&E web site that will show you your current rate plan in real time before your billing cycle closes. The fastest way to get there is to click "Energy Usage Details" on the Dashboard screen then use the Jump To box at the upper right and select "Electric Rate Plan Comparison".

When I go to My Accounts and Services and look at the Current Rate field on my electric Service ID details, it just says NEMMT. The black and white bill downloaded from that Service ID page says "Rate Schedule: EV2A/NEMPS" at the upper right of each page.

ok i will check out the plan comparator.

the PDF that made me think HEVAN == EV is here:

https://www.pge.com/pge_global/comm...es/Supported-Data-Elements-Click-Thru-2.0.pdf

however, there is not a 1:1 mapping; multiple things (including EV-B) are also called HEVAN if i read that right. from the footnote, the H breaks down as "interval billed", EVA is EV-A, and N = NEM. but your "NEMMT" seems to follow a completely different schema. maybe this is just some metadata field that they don't necessarily populate properly and doesn't really have anything to do with how they bill you.