TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Question for Canadian owners who placed a custom order.

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by hroussel, Sep 22, 2017.

1. hroussel

hroussel Member

Hello,

I'm about to take the plunge and put a deposit on a 75D, via custom order, and I have two important questions for Canadian owners who did the same:

- did the price of the model change between the time you ordered and the time it got delivered? given the wild fluctuations of the canadian dollar...

- did the financing interest rate change between order and delivery?

From what I read on the order page I feel the price will be the price shown at order time. Rates seem more volatile though.

2. MonkeyBC

MonkeyBC Member

Good Day.

I am in BC, and the cost of my vehicle went down by about $3,500 between ordering and delivery. They reflected the change in the final settlement. I thought that was good. I did not need financing so cannot comment on interest rates.

3. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

@hroussel,

Now is a good time to order as there was a price drop a little while ago. I think they review it every few months, so there probably won't be a change for a little while - although I could be wrong.

My price went up from the time I ordered to the time I took delivery, but they kept the price I ordered at. I paid in full, so I cannot comment on the financing. Good luck, you will love the car!!!

4. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Generally you pay what it was when you ordered. But... Tesla adjusts the price of the Cdn cars periodically based on the change in the C$. There have been cases (like recently) when people order at a higher price, but end up with a discount at delivery, because of an adjustment for the rise in the C$. As far as I know Tesla never increases the price between order and delivery.

So... if you order now, and the price drops before delivery, you will probably get the lower price.

But!!!! My advice comes with zero guarantees!

5. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

I suspect that there will be another small adjustment soon.

6. TLej

TLej Little-Known Member

No, the price on my car didn't change from order to delivery. It was ordered Dec 6/15, delivered Dec 29/15 so there wasn't much time for it to change. There was a good-sized price increase a month or two after I took delivery though, so I was glad to have ordered when I did.