Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for current Tesla Owners.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As we're now under 48 hours on the East Coast until Tesla starts collecting our money, I'd like to know:

When do we, as aspiring Model 3 owners, become an official part of "the club"?

Is it on Deposit Day? Is it Design Studio Day? Is it upon vehicle delivery?

And you obviously don't have to tell us yet....but is there some sort of secret handshake/gesture/"gang sign" we should be aware of? Is there a "Jeep wave" equivalent?

Inquiring minds want to know..........

Having been a Model S owner for only 3 days.. I am not an expert as this at all so other owners please feel free to correct me. I think you officially join the Tesla family when you take delivery (there is a sign welcoming you to the family at the delivery event). No secret handshake or sign that I know of.

As we're now under 48 hours on the East Coast until Tesla starts collecting our money, I'd like to know:

When do we, as aspiring Model 3 owners, become an official part of "the club"?

Is it on Deposit Day? Is it Design Studio Day? Is it upon vehicle delivery?

And you obviously don't have to tell us yet....but is there some sort of secret handshake/gesture/"gang sign" we should be aware of? Is there a "Jeep wave" equivalent?

Inquiring minds want to know..........

My opinion is that you're officially part of the club once you're in the car driving. A quick wave is usually what I do when I see other Teslas. Although around here, I would be waving every few minutes.

I considered myself part of the club when I put in my Model X reservation Feb 15 even though I didn't start driving my Tesla (S90D) until Dec 15. But then, I give props to non-owner TSLA investors.

You won't get the wave and share grins until you are seen driving though. :D

Once you put your deposit down you are part of the club. You will find yourself coming here every few hours looking for any news or updates and you will do this for the net 2 years. It will consume huge amounts of your time. But sharing in the agony that is waiting for your delivery makes you part of the club.

too late... :rolleyes: ..I'm here now hoping one of the current Tesla owners will be the first to leak a picture or some specs....LOL

too late... :rolleyes: ..I'm here now hoping one of the current Tesla owners will be the first to leak a picture or some specs....LOL
Yep, but it's having that Reservation # that will allow you participate in all the horribly unproductive configuration speculation (and later delivery speculation) threads. That's where you earn your stripes as it were :p

• Funny
Reactions: ModelNforNerd
IMO being 'part of the club' is more a state of mind than what you drive. Someone who drives a $3k civic because that's all they can afford is more part of the club in my mind than someone who buys a P90D to add to his collection of Porsches.

Do you think we need a rapid transition to sustainable transport and the best solution to that transition is undeniably electric vehicles powered by clean energy like wind, water, solar and nuclear energy? Yes? Then welcome to the revolution. You're part of the club.

Reactions: beeeerock and Joel
I was thinking between 7am and 8am. I may tend to get there earlier if I hear stories about large lines forming the day before.

How about you?
--Cintoman
I'm not sure. I am flying in to Logan from Amsterdam (am there now) and am just going to stay at a hotel in Dedham instead of driving all the way home and then back. So will depend on how early I can motivate. I'd planned on 7ish but there is a forum member mrounds who says he's showing up between 4-5. Supposedly there is already a tent in the lot and the staff there says callers have been saying they plan on arriving after midnight! If I can get there earlier (jet lag) I will.

I think I need to bump this one to the top.....

Apparently, there has been a paradigm shift, not just within the automobile industry, but the Tesla family.

When I asked this question the other day, none of us had foreseen numbers THIS ridiculous

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk 2h2 hours ago
Model 3 orders at 180,000 in 24 hours. Selling price w avg option mix prob $42k, so ~$7.5B in a day. Future of electric cars looking bright!

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk 25m25 minutes ago
Thought it would slow way down today, but Model 3 order count is now at 198k. Recommend ordering soon, as the wait time is growing rapidly.

Elon MuskVerified account‏@elonmusk
Definitely going to need to rethink production planning...

but here we are. So....we may all be new to the Tesla family, but once production ramps, we (Model 3, non-previous Tesla owners) will vastly outnumber every other Tesla model combined.

I pledge to do my best to get along with everyone, and use proper SC etiquette when on trips.

Now, I'm hoping that as part of the Service Center ramp up, I can get one closer to my house.

This is amazing, and exciting, and fun.

And has an added bonus of being socially and environmentally responsible. How many other "cool" products out there can say that?

I considered myself part of the "club" the day I started rooting for the company, years before I got my car. Heck, I think anyone who cares about the future of our planet is part of the club. And if they don't care about that, just want to go fast, they're also part of the club.

Let's make this club the least exclusive as possible.

I considered myself part of the "club" the day I started rooting for the company, years before I got my car. Heck, I think anyone who cares about the future of our planet is part of the club. And if they don't care about that, just want to go fast, they're also part of the club.

Let's make this club the least exclusive as possible.

I admittedly stayed at arm's length for a while. But as my financial situation changed (and it has changed a LOT since the Roadster was born), I slowly started to follow closer and closer.

For the last few months, I've even gotten to the point where I was hoping for some P85D CPO's to show up online, because I was entertaining the thought.........

but i am well-positioned in a dependable ICE where I can wait until I get to go crazy on the Model 3 Design Studio page.

As far as "waves" go, I'm guessing the "3 fingers sideways" gesture works for seeing fellow 3 drivers on the road....I guess as a brand, we'll all have to get together on an all-encompassing "Tesla wave (or gesture)" lol