Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for early reservation holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, i think that was the lifetime premium subscription. I have it on mine which I ordered at the end of June '18

I believe there was also one that new M3P orders got free lifetime supercharging, but that offer didn't last very long. I think gone by October 2018 or so?

Reserved my M3 the day after the reveal. I have the lifetime premium subscription and access to the Advanced Software Update Preference (I'm not sure whether this is available to everyone now).

AFAIK everyone always had access to it once it was introduced, though it remains if doubt if it actually does anything.

I believe there was also one that new M3P orders got free lifetime supercharging, but that offer didn't last very long. I think gone by October 2018 or so?

And you then got the chance to give it up in exchange for a $5000 cash refund (which is a much better deal for about 99% of owners)

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Lifetime premium connectivity does not just apply to only owners before July 1st 2018.....

:cool:

It applies to ORDERS before then, not deliveries (and not reservations either)

Tesla said:
All Model S, Model X, Model Y and Model 3 ordered on or after July 1, 2018 can subscribe to Premium Connectivity.

All cars ordered on or before June 30, 2018 receive Premium Connectivity automatically for the lifetime of the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I thought that I remembered a promotion offering an upgrade to FSD for people who ordered Advanced AutoPilot. I was wondering if I was misremembering or not.

That promotion had nothing to do with "original reservation holders" as you mention in your original post. There was a short period, of a few weeks, in march ish of 2019, where people who had purchased ENHANCED AUTOPILOT (EAP), could update to FULL SELF DRIVING (FSD) for a 2k price.

Note, people who had EAP paid 5k for it, while FSD was an ADDITIONAL 3k. So, these people got a small discount to upgrade to FSD at that time, dropping the price from 3k to 2k. Note, at that time there was NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL in existing feature set between EAP and FSD. ALL differences were "promised".

That promotion / discount lasted about 3-4 weeks or so, and then was gone, and had zero to do with "early reservation holders before Jun e of 2018".

That promotion had nothing to do with "original reservation holders" as you mention in your original post. There was a short period, of a few weeks, in march ish of 2019, where people who had purchased ENHANCED AUTOPILOT (EAP), could update to FULL SELF DRIVING (FSD) for a 2k price.

Note, people who had EAP paid 5k for it, while FSD was an ADDITIONAL 3k. So, these people got a small discount to upgrade to FSD at that time, dropping the price from 3k to 2k. Note, at that time there was NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL in existing feature set between EAP and FSD. ALL differences were "promised".

That promotion / discount lasted about 3-4 weeks or so, and then was gone, and had zero to do with "early reservation holders before Jun e of 2018".

Sorry if I put too much emphasis on "early reservation holders", I was really interested in asking people who were ordering around the time of the promotion. I remember the promotion ending July 1, which would make sense as an end of the quarter sales push. I got my invite to submit my order in June 2018, likely later than others because I live in PA. Except for the march-ish part, your explanation is not far off of what I remember, except that I remember getting a notice fairly close to the end of the quarter and that the FSD was a free upgrade for orders submitted before July 1.

Sorry if I put too much emphasis on "early reservation holders", I was really interested in asking people who were ordering around the time of the promotion. I remember the promotion ending July 1, which would make sense as an end of the quarter sales push. I got my invite to submit my order in June 2018, likely later than others because I live in PA. Except for the march-ish part, your explanation is not far off of what I remember, except that I remember getting a notice fairly close to the end of the quarter and that the FSD was a free upgrade for orders submitted before July 1.

I'm not aware of any such promo for "free" FSD on the 3, and I too got my invite, and placed my order, summer of 2018.

Only promo of any kind mentioned was free lifetime connectivity for ordering by June 30, 2018 and I did so a few days before the deadline.

I have the free premium connectivity and free lifetime supercharging on my car (I elected to keep the free supercharging although the numbers supported taking the $5k rebate from Tesla). I happen to live close to a seldom used Supercharger station, so I tend to charge there primarily and love to take the car on driving vacations and love the peace of mind knowing that the charging cost will be zero. The car has been great - no significant issues to date with over 43k miles on the car. I took possession of it early August 2018. By the way, I upgraded to FSD when it dropped to $2k.

There was never any promotion for FSD as a free upgrade that I heard of.

Super early reservation holders: Free diecast car (I didn't get one :(), even though I was the first person in line in the states :)

Order prior to July 2018(as others said, I think July), free lifetime Premium Connectivity.

Free Lifetime Supercharging - Q3 2018.

On a side note, I am so happy for the free lifetime SC. According to TeslaFi, about 62% of my charging over almost 60k miles has been SC. Very worth it to me.

And the best part of the lifetime SC, does not have me longing for any of the new upgrades :)