Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for Glare users and/or car care experts!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I am bringing my MS in on Monday for tint, ppf, and Glare polish. I'm very excited to see her perfect and protected! I have a question about aftercare. I have Optimum No Rinse & Wax at home, which I like and just bought a few weeks ago. Is it OK to use this product on the Glare treated MS? Will the wax interact in some strange way with the Glare? Should I switch to the other Optimum No Rinse & Shine (no wax)? Does Glare make a similar product (I like the minimal water usage of the Optimum products)? Any advise on car care after the Glare goes on? Thanks, all, for your expertise!

Hello! I am bringing my MS in on Monday for tint, ppf, and Glare polish. I'm very excited to see her perfect and protected! I have a question about aftercare. I have Optimum No Rinse & Wax at home, which I like and just bought a few weeks ago. Is it OK to use this product on the Glare treated MS? Will the wax interact in some strange way with the Glare? Should I switch to the other Optimum No Rinse & Shine (no wax)? Does Glare make a similar product (I like the minimal water usage of the Optimum products)? Any advise on car care after the Glare goes on? Thanks, all, for your expertise!

I think you should shift to the no wax Rinse & Shine. Wax is an finish from another century, full of petroleum distillates. You won't need it over the Glare.

Glare makes a product called Sahara which I've been using over the Pro that the detailer put on. This is the first car I've ever done anything to other than take it through the car wash once in a while. So I know nothing. Take it with a grain of salt. Even after my (amateur) detailing with the Sahara, my car looks like a freaking mirror.

Just for kicks: Today at my local car accessories shop I found Glare Professional Polish and Micro Finish for the equivalent of less than $2 per bottle! (They are going to stop selling Glare products and wanted to empty their stock). I bought a box (24 bottles) of the Polish and 4 bottles of the finish... Should be enough for a couple of years :biggrin: