Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for Model X Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I am very satisfied with the 22" looks. I did not opt for the Ultra high fidelity sound, as I did not find much of a difference. I would urge you to consider the Subzero Weather package. The heated steering wheel, I bet, will come in handy in ON.

Also as an FYI, in my 6-seater, even though the 2nd row seats don't fold flat, I was able to use the gap between the 2 seats along with the 3rd row folded down, to move a large carpet. I like the gap between the 2 second row seats, just makes the cabin space more roomier.
Yes for transporting long skinny objects the 6 seat config works great

Thanks for the detailed reply! I'm now debating as to whether or not the 22" wheels are something I'd want. My experience with my 21's wasn't so great, however the black 22's look amazing.

Did you opt for the ultra high fidelity sound package? And am I the only one who thinks the 20" silver slipstream wheels look better than the 20" silver helix wheels? :)
I too liked the look of the 22" wheels, but from a practical stand-point, couldn't justify the 10-15% range hit. Also, they are more susceptible to damage/road-rash.
I decided to get them powder-coated a dark grey (to match Midnight Silver paint) and feel like I now have the best of both worlds.

I read through the whole thread to see if anyone gave tips about the garage. Most people with smaller garages like my garage either end up backing in or getting what is called a jackshaft garage opener which moves the motor to the side freeing overhead space. I started by backing in, but when my wife and child made a mistake backing in sending the Model X to the body shop plus weeks of repairs on the garage, I opted for jackshaft opener and pulling in forward. I also had a garage door installer tilt my tracks up a little which should allow opening the doors fully even with pulling forward into the garage. I also plan to hang a tennis ball so there is no question where to stop. There are a couple of good threads on this if you do a search.