Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for new UI re: charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want this to become an "I hate the new UI" thread (there are several of those already), but I do have a specific question about finding/using something in the new interface........maybe someone knows how it works. The new charging screen seems to no longer allow me to monitor the charging speed in kWh - does anyone know if I can get that information on screen? The km/hr information is useless to me because a) I pay at Superchargers by the minute, not by the kilometer, and b) those numbers are artificial and don't make a difference to my real-life use of the car.

I don't want this to become an "I hate the new UI" thread (there are several of those already), but I do have a specific question about finding/using something in the new interface........maybe someone knows how it works. The new charging screen seems to no longer allow me to monitor the charging speed in kWh - does anyone know if I can get that information on screen? The km/hr information is useless to me because a) I pay at Superchargers by the minute, not by the kilometer, and b) those numbers are artificial and don't make a difference to my real-life use of the car.
The Tesla Model Y display of charging status: charging rate (kW), charging progress (kWh) amperage and voltage has been moved to the left side of the screen underneath the battery indicator. The font size is small making this readout less obvious than before the version 11 2021.44.25.2 update. One benefit is the charging status information is now displayed even when using other vehicle functions that use the right side of the screen. You can also view the charging status within the Tesla app.

Reactions: Tezlowski