Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for owners: is white interior too bright (model 3/S/X)?

Question for owners: Is white interior too bright (moder 3/S/X)?

• Yes

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the owners of white seat Tesla: is the interior too bright under normal using conditions? I recently looked at a P3D with white seats, and as soon as I sat in it the car I had to squint. Car was parked with the sun straight ahead, everything was reflecting intensely (~2 pm) - much like when you go skiing on a sunny day.

My wife and I frequently drive alone in the car, will the reflection from the passenger seat be distracting?

I am concerned and consider changing my configuration back to black interior. I love though the color combination black and white, it is very elegant.

Any input from owners will be greatly appreciated.

I had the same question and was also wondering for people who installed the Kenriko white console wraps on their model 3s, was that also too distracting / give too much glare for the driver?

I have white interior in my X (and LOVE it!) and live in Hawaii where it’s almost always sunny. I’ve never noticed any kind of reflection from the white seats and I’m usually driving alone. My cousin has a black on white S and hasn’t had an issue either. Maybe we’re just used to it being bright here ;)

I think its perfect, but we have the black headliner which makes a huge difference IMO. I would NOT want white seats with the light headliner, which seems like the only option on the 3 at the moment. I dislike light headliners in general as they make the vehicle really bright inside.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I think it looks frieken awesome.. it looks like you are getting into a spaceship.

Problem is anyone walking past your car is going to gawk at your ‘spaceship’.

Hated driving it untinted.

I tinted windshield 65 and 35 for the rest.

I have second thoughts on if I should have done 55 windshield and 20 sides.

Real talk from the shamu Tesla. Black and white scheme.

Reactions: Point 3
Love my white interior but found the dash just a bit much with the sun directly overhead so I wrapped it with RPMTesla's carbon fiber and like the combo. Saving up to swap the wrapped dash for the real matte carbon fiber dash they offer which should match the spoiler when it finally comes in...

Silver/white PSD+

Reactions: austinmichaeld
Before I took delivery of my 3, which I had ordered in silver and black interior, I did a test drive in a red 3 Performance with white interior. That experience led me to believe that I would find the white dash piece annoying, though I loved the white seats.

It turned out I was wrong. I took delivery of my 3 at the Fremont “Delivery Event” weekend a few months ago (which apparently has not been repeated) because there was a silver/white Dual Motor 3 there that was almost my exact configuration, the white interior looked fantastic with the silver paint (had never seen that combination before in real life) and I didn’t want to wait. I figured if I didn’t like the dash I would wrap it.

But the white dash piece has not bothered me in any lighting conditions; I got used to it very quickly. Though I always wear polarized sunglasses while driving when the sun is shining or if there is some cloud cover (but not dense clouds). Don’t have any trouble viewing the center display either.

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
No issue at all. Thought has never crossed my mind driving around under the San Diego sun.

Love the white interior and would’ve been happy with three different vehicle colors provided that the inside was white. It does definitely brighten up the inside, difference being night and day from vehicles with black interior. And while that does command more gawking, I refuse to add tint to my windows.

The only nitpick in regards to the white interior is the white on the door panels. IMO it would’ve looked nicer if the door panels were all black. But again just nitpicking.