TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Question for owners: is white interior too bright (model 3/S/X)?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by svp6, Aug 19, 2018.

?

Question for owners: Is white interior too bright (moder 3/S/X)?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    87.0%
  3. Occasionally

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. svp6

svp6 Member

Question for the owners of white seat Tesla: is the interior too bright under normal using conditions? I recently looked at a P3D with white seats, and as soon as I sat in it the car I had to squint. Car was parked with the sun straight ahead, everything was reflecting intensely (~2 pm) - much like when you go skiing on a sunny day.

My wife and I frequently drive alone in the car, will the reflection from the passenger seat be distracting?

I am concerned and consider changing my configuration back to black interior. I love though the color combination black and white, it is very elegant.

Any input from owners will be greatly appreciated.

2. ftlum

ftlum Member

I had the same question and was also wondering for people who installed the Kenriko white console wraps on their model 3s, was that also too distracting / give too much glare for the driver?

3. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I have white interior in my X (and LOVE it!) and live in Hawaii where it’s almost always sunny. I’ve never noticed any kind of reflection from the white seats and I’m usually driving alone. My cousin has a black on white S and hasn’t had an issue either. Maybe we’re just used to it being bright here ;)

4. Vegan Pleather

It has not been a problem for me at all. If being too bright is a problem, I'd imagine it being with the white dash over anything else, but even that hasn't been an issue and it could always be wrapped in that case.

5. IdaX

IdaX Member

White seats are totally awesome -- never had a brightness problem for sure. Keeps the seats from getting stupid-hot in the Sun, too...

• Like x 1
  6. blake6551

blake6551 Member

I think its perfect, but we have the black headliner which makes a huge difference IMO. I would NOT want white seats with the light headliner, which seems like the only option on the 3 at the moment. I dislike light headliners in general as they make the vehicle really bright inside.

• Like x 1
  7. jgrgnt

jgrgnt Member

X, no.

3, seats are fine, dashboard trim is blindingly bright in direct sunlight.

8. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

I think it looks frieken awesome.. it looks like you are getting into a spaceship.

Problem is anyone walking past your car is going to gawk at your ‘spaceship’.

Hated driving it untinted.

I tinted windshield 65 and 35 for the rest.

I have second thoughts on if I should have done 55 windshield and 20 sides.

Real talk from the shamu Tesla. Black and white scheme.

• Like x 1
  9. sroh

sroh Member

The white in the dashboard is definitely bright, but not distracting. I agree with @MXWing. I think it looks freaking awesome.

10. svp6

svp6 Member

Thank you all guys _ I think I will keep the white. If it comes to the worst, I'll have to use sunglasses when driving :)

11. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

It's an awesome look, and only bright in direct sunlight without tint. I can't wait to tint it, but I might miss how futuristically open it feels.