Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for P90D Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 Model S P90D with 86k miles on it. When I charge I get 225 miles at 90% with a full charge (100%) at 250 miles.

I just wanted to query some of the other older P90D owners to see if this typical of what you are seeing as well?

I would be curious to here your experiences with battery life.

I have a mid-2016 refresh 90D. It was rated at 294 miles rated range new. I'm at 61.5k total miles on odometer and current full 100% charge is 268-270 miles, so about 8.5-9% degradation. I don't recall what the offset was for a P90D vs. a 90D, but you should be able to ratio for what your rated was new to mine at 294 to get a relative assessment.

I've got a 2016 90D (nosecone) with 91k miles and my 100% is 236mi. Does anyone remember what Tesla said the range was?
The quoted numbers actually moved around, depending upon old vs. new nose.

Just doing a little quick searching via Google, I think the numbers may have been something like:

old nose cone: P90D = 253 miles 90D = 270 miles
refresh front end: P90D = 270 miles 90D = 294 miles

I'm open to others that actually have some of the early 2016's, old nose cones, that have their original paperwork correcting me, but this is what I find from the fueleconomy.gov site and some other older posts on Tesla forum.

Reactions: Tabascolorado

Just doing a little quick searching via Google, I think the numbers may have been something like:

I'm open to others that actually have some of the early 2016's, old nose cones, that have their original paperwork correcting me, but this is what I find from the fueleconomy.gov site and some other older posts on Tesla forum.
Ouch I guess I'm at ~13% degradation

2017 90d w 11k miles. Charged to 100% week or so ago, 280 was the rated range with 21" Arachnids.
if it matters, I use an SC maybe 4x a year max. Plug in every night at home via Nema 14-50 set to 75% max charge.

I think the later pre-refresh 90D had a rated 288; my April 2016 90D still gets between 272 and 276 when I 100% it, which I do once every couple months. I've had it for about 2 years, and in that time it's gone from consistently 276 and sometimes up to 278 down to more typically 274. I have been able to drive it to close to that range on highways with mixed driving.

I can't find any evidence on the internet though; the later post-refresh 90D has overwhelmed all evidence of the prior version in the google's databanks.

I have my original windows sticker. I don’t remember whether the range is on there or not but I’ll check.

For US spec vehicles the EPA rated range is shown, at least on mine (I also still have the original sticker). It's in the EPA fuel economy/energy section. There will be a bar graph and the range is shown below it.
Yep. Mine says 253 miles. I still get 247 on a full charge. Pretty dang good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 69
I would have sworn the original range of my P85D was 253. How could the P90D have the same range? It doesn't seem correct to me.

Edit - I guess I figured out why...