Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those that have swapped out their FUCA, any increase in NVH?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have UPP Coilovers and sway bars on my 2020 Model 3 Performance. height is probably about 3/4” lower than stock. Ate through my tires on the inside tread within 15K miles. My front tire camber is a bit off, about -1.5 degrees. Debating purchasing some MPP front upper control arms to allow me to adjust the front wheel camber. Unlikely I’ll track the car frequently.

Other than allowing for adjustment of camber, any other benefits? I don’t want to increase the NVH, given the car is already pretty noisy on rough freeway road surfaces.

thanks for your input.

@Huskyfan What's your full alignment specs right now? Camber and toe especially, on both sides.

How about raising your car up enough to get around -1.0 to -0.9 camber? That ought to be safe for tire wear. No extra parts needed, no NVH compromise.

15k miles is pretty decent, but definitely get the toe checked out in an alignment. Front upper arms aren’t adding NVH if installed properly, assuming you’re considering UP or MPP. -3 camber and almost no toe, 6+ track events, I’m replacing tires after 9k miles of mixed driving. But track it before changing anything else out, stock suspension is fine to start

Bad Toe causes inner tire wear much more than camber. I am on track for a solid 25k miles on my tires, and I daily drive on ~3.5 degrees of front camber. I do run 0 toe front and rear, which helps (and step up to 1mm toe-out for the road course and 2mm toe-out for AutoX).

05E43A98-4814-46FE-B295-74D2D86B35B6.jpeg