Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those who’ve fitted a tilt screen!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. I bought a tilt screen kit, similar to this, from AliExpress which all seems decent and good quality.

Fitted it today, but I am left with a gap between the new plastic piece/sleeve and the wooden part of my dash and whatever I do, I couldn’t get it to fit well so it didn’t leave a gap, literally tried everything for 30 mins to no avail (see pic attached!)

Did anyone else have issues with this part, and have any tips? Or do we think I have a dud part somehow and need to source a new plastic sleeve piece? Thanks!

Attachments

• A04C3CB9-C26E-4285-A777-D85A50798F87.jpeg
    A04C3CB9-C26E-4285-A777-D85A50798F87.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 193
There is a YouTuber Matt Shumaker that makes these mounts here in the US. He has two types, one moves left/right and up/down. He provides a shroud that will cover the back so it looks built in. Maybe he would sell you a shroud? I contacted him about something else, couldn't have been nicer.

Hey all. I bought a tilt screen kit, similar to this, from AliExpress which all seems decent and good quality.

Fitted it today, but I am left with a gap between the new plastic piece/sleeve and the wooden part of my dash and whatever I do, I couldn’t get it to fit well so it didn’t leave a gap, literally tried everything for 30 mins to no avail (see pic attached!)

Did anyone else have issues with this part, and have any tips? Or do we think I have a dud part somehow and need to source a new plastic sleeve piece? Thanks!
It appears it's not installed correctly. Those tabs need to clip under and behind the wood. Carefully pull off the shroud and try again. They mention an optional gasket if you have a gap:

Last edited:
It's not installed properly. If you watch the installation videos on youtube you'll see how it has to be gently manipulated for those tabs to clip in under the dash. Mine is 100% flush but looked exactly like this when I first started. I had to wiggle it back and forth and mess with it until it popped under.

Same gap on mine. The gasket doesn’t work. It’s how the Tesla bracket is welded. The right side is a little higher than the left and doesn’t allow the gasket to sit flat. Oh well 🤷‍♂️
Correct, the attachment brackets on the dash metal crossbeam are bent at different angles, I bent the right one gently backwards (toward firewall) to close the dash gap. Also my Aliexpress $50 swivel only bracket I had to bolt fixed at 30deg towards driver as it became wobbly after a while. Awesome esp for movies while waiting for your kids ball practices to end.