Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those who had bodywork done

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped off my car to get Opticoat Pro done at a detailer, and got a call later from the detailer that someone had backed into it and dented the liftgate/bumper. Luckily, they have the person's insurance who did it, so currently in the process of filing a claim with their insurance company

Anyone have any advice on this? I want to make sure my car is back to original condition. I understand that there are two certified bodyshops in the bay area. For those who had bodywork done from before, does it come back looking like new again? I'm just upset that I dropped my car off to get paint protection with Opticoat, and now end up with this ordeal.

It does come back like new but be aware sheet metal parts can take a while to ship (if you need a new trunk lid, for example, may be 1-3 weeks wait). I had 3 doors and rear quarter panel done and it took 2 months (half the time waiting for parts).

Definitely go for an authorized shop that has had factory training.

Good luck!

-m

You're in the Bay Area, so I take it you have the choice of Brooks in the east and somebody else in the north bay? I had an accident (low speed, my fault), which messed up the grill(s?), nosecone, bent the hood, the chrome piece around the nosecone, and the... uh body panel under the grill, and had Brooks fix it and it came back better than new. Beautiful work. You can't tell anything was done.

my buddy was in a more serious accident (not his fault) where he was t-boned by somebody running a red and it bent his b pillar (both exterior and interior I believe) and generally hosed the entire left side of the car, and he also went to Brooks. Car is perfect like new. No visible difference in look, no rattles or squeaks.

So yeah, it'll be perfect when it's done, so breathe easy...

I dropped off my car to get Opticoat Pro done at a detailer, and got a call later from the detailer that someone had backed into it and dented the liftgate/bumper. Luckily, they have the person's insurance who did it, so currently in the process of filing a claim with their insurance company

Anyone have any advice on this? I want to make sure my car is back to original condition. I understand that there are two certified bodyshops in the bay area. For those who had bodywork done from before, does it come back looking like new again? I'm just upset that I dropped my car off to get paint protection with Opticoat, and now end up with this ordeal.

Whanged into a fence post backing up on a dark and stormy night. Used Arth in Oakland. Car was done beautifully and at reasonable cost. They also installed my TorqLiftCentral trailer hitch mount at the same time.

And they were not on the "approved" list. I think it mainly matters that they care.

It does come back like new but be aware sheet metal parts can take a while to ship (if you need a new trunk lid, for example, may be 1-3 weeks wait). I had 3 doors and rear quarter panel done and it took 2 months (half the time waiting for parts).

Definitely go for an authorized shop that has had factory training.

Good luck!

-m

Someone should checkout how long repairs are taking on my car (see http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/30679-And-the-day-was-going-so-well ):cursing:

Whanged into a fence post backing up on a dark and stormy night. Used Arth in Oakland. Car was done beautifully and at reasonable cost. They also installed my TorqLiftCentral trailer hitch mount at the same time.

And they were not on the "approved" list. I think it mainly matters that they care.

I'm surprised you could get it worked on at all. Tesla would not even send parts to my preferred body shop since they were not Tesla-certified.