Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those who ordered in late March...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order for P90D with Ludicrous (everything except Tow Pack) in late March and was confirmed a week later. At the time I ordered, it was saying April-May, now my DS is saying late July. I have no problem waiting if it is indeed July but my issue stems with my DS telling me that I specified my delivery date to be in July, which was never the case. I don't think there is even an option to do it from the MyTesla page.

I sold my Model S this week so I always told them I wanted the car as soon as possible.

I understand there are production delays due to the recall and closer QC checks, but I feel like I'm getting the run around on my specific order. Especially since cars ordered today say they will be delivered in June, so I accomplished nothing by ordered back in March.

I'm not looking for sympathy as I know others have waiting years for this car but telling me that I specified I wanted the car in July when it might actually be due to production delays I feel is disingenuous of Tesla.

If anyone else placed their order in late March, have you received a VIN yet and what is your estimated delivery date?

Thanks in advance!

I placed my order on 3/19, and it was confirmed on 3/26. I received a VIN about 7-10 days later.
An email from delivery@tesla indicated a late-April/May delivery--but this was never shown on the My Tesla page, and the most my DS would say was that I should have my car "this year."

I am now apparently on target for a June delivery, per my DS--but my car has not yet entered production, as of today.

VIN is 5572, and it a 90D with most options. Non-P (just a 90D), and no towing package or accessory hitch.

I placed my order on 3/19, and it was confirmed on 3/26. I received a VIN about 7-10 days later.
An email from delivery@tesla indicated a late-April/May delivery--but this was never shown on the My Tesla page, and the most my DS would say was that I should have my car "this year."

I am now apparently on target for a June delivery, per my DS--but my car has not yet entered production, as of today.

VIN is 5572, and it a 90D with most options. Non-P (just a 90D), and no towing package or accessory hitch.
According to the time table we are seeing with others on the forum, your car should be going into production this or next week, with a mid to late June delivery.

Very similar to me. I'm about 100 ahead of you in VIN sequence. Expecting car in June. Got the documents via FedEx today to sign for outside of California delivery and application for registration.