Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those who still have rated range.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many, my M3P showing significant lower range than the supposed 310 @100% 294 to be exact.

So I'm curious to see if there is a relation between the cars showing loss of range and draining the battery below 20%

I personally drained mine below 20% twice.
Not a M3P but my LR-AWD is showing 311miles today. I've run below 20% a couple dozen times. In fact, the car was home delivered(at a rest stop) to me with ZERO soc%. Deader' than a doornail. Had to push it back onto the car carrier to get it to a charging station. So, draining below 20% hasn't been an issue for my car.

Like many, my M3P showing significant lower range than the supposed 310 @100% 294 to be exact.

So I'm curious to see if there is a relation between the cars showing loss of range and draining the battery below 20%

I have never been below 20%. 30% is the lowest I have been. I have it set to charge to 90% and plug my car in every time it enters my garage. I drive 80 miles round trip a day to work and back, which uses between 80 rated miles and 120 rated miles depending on how I drive, whether I use the heater, if its raining, etc.

At 15k miles and rated range is 309 out of 310 for my model 3p.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I charge my 2019 LR RWD to 85% every night and get 276 miles of range. I have never tried charging to 100% but if I extrapolate 276 @ 85% it comes out to 325 at 100%. Some day I will try actually charging to 100% to see if that is really true.

Our 2018 LR RWD Model 3 only goes to about 307 now at 100%.

Are you estimating or have charged to 100%?
Less than 20% a number of times. This morning was one, this afternoon will be another, as we're on a trip right now

My 2019 LR RWD (4,622 miles) keeps losing a few miles of range. At purchase in May 2019, 100% was 325 and 90% was 293. Two months later 90% became 287, then 285. This week it has gone down to 283, and last night was 281. (Actually I just turned the app on, and it said 282, but when I double checked, it now says 281.)

Am I missing the line by a hair when I set the fill level? They seem to have definite stopping points. I just tweeted Elon to give us a choice of either % numbers to fill in or the sliding scale. Please RT if you agree. @cmhagey

I posted a thread yesterday about not being able to charge to 100%. For long trips I had been charging to 100% but I saw a recommendation to put the remaining 5% in while getting ready on trip morning, to avoid it sitting for hours at 100%. So in the morning I removed the charge cord, slid the rate to 100% and reinserted the cord, but it still said Charge Complete & wouldn't take any more charge. Won't let me charge to 100%

Are you estimating or have charged to 100%?
Less than 20% a number of times. This morning was one, this afternoon will be another, as we're on a trip right now
I have charged to 100% about 4 times in the 13 months I've had the car. The first and 2nd time it showed 307 miles range, the 3rd time 299 and 4th 294.

I usually charge to 90% and only use about 5% everyday and charge daily.

Not too many miles (<7K) but according to Stats mine has ticked up a little since I bought it. Have never changed to 100% (and only once to 90%). Only down to about 20% a couple of times.

IMG_0224.jpeg

Reactions: KenC
2018 LR AWD 10600 miles Charge to 90% 2-3 times per week and before a trip. When new = 278 mile range now = 272 mile range
When I charge to 100% when new = 310 mile range, now = 302 mile range.
Yes here. I have about 12,300 miles, I have charged it to 100% maybe 20-40 times mostly using a home 120v/15 amp home charger and maybe a dozen times to 100% using a Tesla supercharger (before I knew better) and now maximum range (on a trip this weekend) reads 301 when full. Twice this weekend running between Springdale, OR and Klamath Falls, and between Klamath Falls and Reno I needed every watt I could get. Tesla needs a charger between Klamath and Reno as I "lucky and can imagine the problems that others have experienced. I drove slow and turned off the heat and arrived in Reno with 10% remaining. We need a charger in Susanville please!