Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those with a Tri-Motor order

How much would you pay for the Quad Motor Cybertruck?

• no more than $75k

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • $75k to $85k

Votes: 55 34.4%
  • $86k to $95k

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • $96k to $105k

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • $106k to $115k

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • over $115k

Votes: 15 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also a first day trimotor order. It’s disappointing that Tesla doesn’t put out an update that the tri will even exist. I agree That range is very important to me, and considering the size-the all-wheel steering is important! So, if you have to order the quad to get the 4-wheel steering….so be it..

Reactions: tren01t and Ogre
It's Sawyer Merritt. One of the better Tesla sources, but it's a
I am also a first day trimotor order. It’s disappointing that Tesla doesn’t put out an update that the tri will even exist. I agree That range is very important to me, and considering the size-the all-wheel steering is important! So, if you have to order the quad to get the 4-wheel steering….so be it..
The Tri Motor should not be a technical challenge as they can take the Plaid tri motor setup and drop it in.

Can't edit my ppst anymore.. 4 wheel steering may not come on all models.. Who knows.. Maybe only on the quad motor? Nobody knows anything for sure yet..
Agree.

Just pointing out while they’ve done tri motor before, they’ve never done it with rear wheel steering.

I sure hope 4WS is on all models. It is a tremendous value add.

Sure.

Latest we have on prices is from launch night so that must be true also.

People are happy to take for granted the bits of information which agrees with their world view and discount everything else. The idea that the single motor Cybertruck will be yanked from the line-up? Tesla never said this, yet so many people willing to quote that as fact. Likewise pricing increases.

As far as I'm concerned, you are right, facts are facts and rumors are rumors. But right now facts are pretty scarce.
Tesla removed the pricing from there website why of course is up for interpretation.
For all the reasons I've pointed out before i think the prices will undoubtedly be higher.
Elon Musk clearly stated the quad motor will be first just 2 months ago.
How often do you want him to state it? Weekly? Make a signed affidavit?
Everything is subject to change until the vehicle is produced and contract are signed.
But to think it ill be other than the Quad AT THIS TIME is ridiculous.
To think the costs will not be higher than originally stated well, that is ridiculous as well

Reactions: Cal1
What are the chances that Tesla will keep the 3,000 lb payload capacity across the different versions of the cybertruck?
Maybe depends on whether they want to be considered a Light Duty vehicle or not? Seems like it would be awful hard to keep under 8500 pounds GVW with 3,500 pounds cargo.

They would have to keep the bigger battery version under 5,000 pounds which seems improbable unless they work some crazy magic. That seems attainable with the smaller/ 250 mile range version, but not so much with a 500 mile range.

Agree, won't get the CT for the contracted reserved price. So, in true Tesla style they will pull some shenanigans to get out of the contract with tri motor orders. See, I had a pre-refreshed X Long Range Plus on order last Jan. Post refresh, they raise the price 10k and say, 'We Don't Make the LR PLUS anymore, just the Long Range. So You Can Have your $100 back and cancel or Take "new" model for increased Price'. Same thing will happen to us Tri reservations. 'We won't make yours, so here is your $100 back or can accept a model we make (for more $$$). It's coming, mark my words.
There is no contract. There never was a contract.
The price points were stated in 2019. They had not even figured out production yet.
Schiff hit the fan in 2020 messing up all industries.

To put things into perspective a 2019 Ford F 150 Raptor had an MSRP of $55,840
A 2023 model now for sale in 2022 has an MSRP of $75,775
That's an increase of almost 36%

So if they kept in line with an existing competitors price increases that $69,900 Tri Motor Cyber Truck if already produced and being delivered today ( which we know is not happening) would be over $95,000.
We are also at least another year away and inflation is well over 8% and really no sign of it going back to 2 or 3 % anytime soon.
I think they will have trouble keeping the Tri Motor ( even if that is still an option) below $100k

Reactions: SkynetT10000
There is no contract. There never was a contract.
The price points were stated in 2019. They had not even figured out production yet.
Schiff hit the fan in 2020 messing up all industries.

To put things into perspective a 2019 Ford F 150 Raptor had an MSRP of $55,840
A 2023 model now for sale in 2022 has an MSRP of $75,775
That's an increase of almost 36%

So if they kept in line with an existing competitors price increases that $69,900 Tri Motor Cyber Truck if already produced and being delivered today ( which we know is not happening) would be over $95,000.
We are also at least another year away and inflation is well over 8% and really no sign of it going back to 2 or 3 % anytime soon.
I think they will have trouble keeping the Tri Motor ( even if that is still an option) below $100k
I'm pretty sure on my MX LR+, it was a contract. I put down $100 in Jan 2021. They pull this 1 month later, "we don't make that model anymore, we just call it the LR. Take the $10k increase we also added or here is your $100 back." Thing is, LR or LR+, really the same car, just name calling to increase price.

They Set pressidence with name changes to change price, and with inflation like you said, there is NO Way the started price will hold.

I'm pretty sure on my MX LR+, it was a contract. I put down $100 in Jan 2021. They pull this 1 month later, "we don't make that model anymore, we just call it the LR. Take the $10k increase we also added or here is your $100 back." Thing is, LR or LR+, really the same car, just name calling to increase price.

They Set pressidence with name changes to change price, and with inflation like you said, there is NO Way the started price will hold.
That may have been a contract I have no idea. I do know I read the fine print when I made a deposit and it was not.
If it were a contract they would certainly be up to law suits.