Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those with a Tri-Motor order

How much would you pay for the Quad Motor Cybertruck?

• no more than $75k

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • $75k to $85k

Votes: 55 34.4%
  • $86k to $95k

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • $96k to $105k

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • $106k to $115k

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • over $115k

Votes: 15 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may be possible that the only 2 variants will be produced... dual and quad motor. I heard that they will also drop the tri-motor version.
I don't think that they can make a 500+ mile tri-motor for $70k as originally advertised, so the way to get around that is to make a quad version which likely will be a lot more than the tri-motor.. Now my question is.. How much would you be willing to pay for the quad motor if the tri-motor will not be available??

Reactions: gaswalla and Dcam
Agree, won't get the CT for the contracted reserved price. So, in true Tesla style they will pull some shenanigans to get out of the contract with tri motor orders. See, I had a pre-refreshed X Long Range Plus on order last Jan. Post refresh, they raise the price 10k and say, 'We Don't Make the LR PLUS anymore, just the Long Range. So You Can Have your $100 back and cancel or Take "new" model for increased Price'. Same thing will happen to us Tri reservations. 'We won't make yours, so here is your $100 back or can accept a model we make (for more $$$). It's coming, mark my words.

The way I see it, the only car that can get 500 miles range on a charge is the LUCID AIR and the 500 mile range version starts at $139900..
So, if I can get the Cybertruck with 500 mile range for $40k less than that, I'll go for it.. However, I won't go much over that..

Agree, won't get the CT for the contracted reserved price. So, in true Tesla style they will pull some shenanigans to get out of the contract with tri motor orders. See, I had a pre-refreshed X Long Range Plus on order last Jan. Post refresh, they raise the price 10k and say, 'We Don't Make the LR PLUS anymore, just the Long Range. So You Can Have your $100 back and cancel or Take "new" model for increased Price'. Same thing will happen to us Tri reservations. 'We won't make yours, so here is your $100 back or can accept a model we make (for more $$$). It's coming, mark my words.
Yep. And you get your hundred bucks back after Tesla has made their interest off of it.

• Funny
Reactions: Scelto
All of these “Estimates” of price increases are just bugbears. People verbalizing fears and planting fears based on little to nothing.

We have no idea if Tesla is bumping prices at all. This whole idea of bumping the retail price is not something Tesla or any other car maker has never done. Rivian hasn’t, GM hasn’t, and Ford hasn’t.

People need to chill out. If a price change is coming, we can sweat it then.

I ordered the tri-motor during the unveiling…so first day. I think Tesla should notify me of my reservation options immediately-it’s just the right thing to do. I envisioned the Cybertruck to be a quad-motor design when it was first teased, so, yes-a quad motor forme….

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
If the dual motor has shutter, the tri and/or
If the dual motor has shutter, the tri and/or quad motor will as well. It's in the adjustable suspension. Nothing to do with amount of motors...
That is odd, the rear motor models are fine.
If the dual motor has shutter, the tri and/or quad motor will as well. It's in the adjustable suspension. Nothing to do with amount of motors...
Where is your proof about the tri and quad motor shutter issue? I haven’t read any complaints them.

• Funny
Reactions: Alset Srotom
$77k (Tri/FSD) is already straining the budget, and 500 mi is minimum acceptable range.
I whole-heartedly agree that 500 minimum is needed because that's ideal circumstances. Use the truck the way a truck is intended to be used, i.e. loaded with cargo, or towing a trailer, and that range could drop less than half in no time. I don't care how many motors it has, so long as the range is +500, and it is AWD. I don't care about 0-60 either, I'm in a truck for crying out loud, and I need it to be bulletproof(no pun intended) reliable and able to work - I'm not using it to race, or look pretty - although, I do like the looks of it.

To me, Cybertruck and F150 Lightning are the only two players in this space - forget Rivian for any real work, that "truck" is for former Volvo 240 owners who finally want to be relevant. And the Silverado will be Chevy's latest inferno.

As usual, people will dream about perfection, but reality will set in when the pricing is set and the cars begin to roll out into customer hands.

The truck will not be perfect for everyone, but good enough for many. That is the reality of all vehicles. They will also tend to get getter as they gain experience.

Cleaning up the planet is a messy job :(

Reactions: tren01t