Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those with a Tri-Motor order

How much would you pay for the Quad Motor Cybertruck?

• no more than $75k

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • $75k to $85k

Votes: 55 34.4%
  • $86k to $95k

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • $96k to $105k

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • $106k to $115k

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • over $115k

Votes: 15 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is likely the best ICE Corvette which will ever exist.

>… and still gets smoked by a 4 door Model S.
As do similar Ferrari-Lambo cars
My model S crushed my Gallardo off the line.
The new vette is amazing. They are selling for 30-35K over sticker it’s much quicker then my G was. 2.8 0-60 and hi ten’s 1/4 mile.
The new vette ERay a hybrid coming out in July/ august

Reactions: UCF3
If it’s more than $75k, drop back down to the dual motor. Only signed up for the tri motor for the range.

A lot of hesitant tri motor buyers out there.

Like most people, my idea of a “pickup truck” ends well before hitting $90k.
I ordered a tri motor because they didn't have a Quad at the time.
So I'm very happy that Elon tweeted that the first CTs would be Quad motors.
If a lot of trimotor owners are as hesitant as you think that's good for me because the more that drop out the sooner I will get mine.

The price of the CT will be higher than they spoke of.
It HAS to be. Prices are almost always higher by the time of production and now that we are in an economy with inflation not seen in 40 years ( 7.9 % as of March 10th 2022) anyone thinking the price will be the same is wishful thinking IMO.

A Quad motor will be more as well.
They've also decided to add the rear steering thing like the Hummer has. That has to cost something too.

What I care about are the specs more than the price. I earn a good salary and have the money.
As long as the CT meets/exceeds the specs advertised, especially the range, I expect and have no issue with paying over $100,000

That's me. My choice. Everyone needs to decide what fits their wants and budget

I earn a good salary too. Doesn’t mean I want to delay retirement by six months for a truck.

Inflation is 8-15%. Moving from $70k up to 100k is a 42% increase. That’s not inflation.
Evidently you don’t earn what I’d call a good salary.
IF I buy 1 or 5 Cyber trucks it won’t effect my retirement plans.

You also didn’t really comprehend some obviously simple English in my post.
I stated “The price of the CT will be higher than they spoke of.” I pointed out inflation as part of the reason
I included 3 other reasons
You somehow only read one and ignored the other 3

I earn a good salary too. Doesn’t mean I want to delay retirement by six months for a truck.

Inflation is 8-15%. Moving from $70k up to 100k is a 42% increase. That’s not inflation.
Don't forget that there was no quad motor version when the truck was introduced.. It's a new version and therefore, you can't really calculate how much the price went up. Look at the Model S Plaid.. It costs like $30k more than the regular Model S. Now, the tri-motor was $69900.. Add inflation and you are at $80k. The add another $30k for the quad motor option and you are at $110k

Reactions: tren01t
Don't forget that there was no quad motor version when the truck was introduced.. It's a new version and therefore, you can't really calculate how much the price went up. Look at the Model S Plaid.. It costs like $30k more than the regular Model S. Now, the tri-motor was $69900.. Add inflation and you are at $80k. The add another $30k for the quad motor option and you are at $110k
Latest rumors suggest Quad won't even be at launch, instead 2 dual motor trucks and perhaps the tri. They are talking about 2 dual motor configs, a trie motor, and the quad and Plaid coming out at a later date.

That would be a lot closer to the original release specs also likely a lot easier on the limited battery supply.

Though kind of hard to believe a rumor that there will be 5 different Cybertruck drive-train options. That's pretty far outside Teslas 2-3 drive train options per make. Usually its just Base, LR, Performance/ Plaid.

Latest rumors suggest Quad won't even be at launch, instead 2 dual motor trucks and perhaps the tri. They are talking about 2 dual motor configs, a trie motor, and the quad and Plaid coming out at a later date.

That would be a lot closer to the original release specs also likely a lot easier on the limited battery supply.

Though kind of hard to believe a rumor that there will be 5 different Cybertruck drive-train options. That's pretty far outside Teslas 2-3 drive train options per make. Usually its just Base, LR, Performance/ Plaid.
This rumor could make sense due to the battery constraints of the 4680's and each CT configuration's deep throat for them. Looking at 1 million 4680 cells that would be utilized in about 1000 MY's, the CT would gobble them up with less units produced. Could be better to stagger TRIs and Duals on volume production and unleash the quad later as a plaid version only. Could we live with 4 Cybertruck drive trains? Perhaps with 2 battery packs offerings on dual, larger pack on the TRI and the quad/plaid variant pack with maximun range of 500+ miles. What say you?

Reactions: Ogre

I'm sure you've heard the old saying "Rumors are like A holes. Everybody has one"
I'll stick with actual dialogue from Tesla and in lieu of that Elon Musk tweets before I go with " Latest Rumors"

The latest quote we have on Cyber truck configuration is from Elon back in December
"Initial Production will be 4 motor variant. with independent, ultra fast response torque control of each wheel"

That's it. Nothing else has been said.
Nothing else was said against that in the January earnings call. Perhaps April's call will reveal more but until something else comes out that's the latest.
The earnings call did mention the production issues. The OP of this thread is certainly part of the issue.

"When asked about what else is holding back the Cybertruck besides battery production, Musk said that the pricing and what people are willing to pay for the included tech is the main issue “How do we make the Cybertruck affordable?” he said

IMO, That makes the Quad even more likely.
The easiest variant to raise the price on is the most expensive one. But that's just my opinion.

This rumor could make sense due to the battery constraints of the 4680's and each CT configuration's deep throat for them. Looking at 1 million 4680 cells that would be utilized in about 1000 MY's, the CT would gobble them up with less units produced. Could be better to stagger TRIs and Duals on volume production and unleash the quad later as a plaid version only. Could we live with 4 Cybertruck drive trains? Perhaps with 2 battery packs offerings on dual, larger pack on the TRI and the quad/plaid variant pack with maximun range of 500+ miles. What say you?
The only thing which is a bit weird is the Tri motor in there. Seems kind of pointless unless there is a significant gap up to the quad. Having 2 dual motor configs makes sense if they drop the single motor truck.

Reactions: tren01t
The only thing which is a bit weird is the Tri motor in there. Seems kind of pointless unless there is a significant gap up to the quad. Having 2 dual motor configs makes sense if they drop the single motor truck.
Agreed. I think the only other competition that will have a tri motor is the Chevy Silverado. Ford is dual only and Rivian is dual (2024) and quad if they get their act together from production hell. Imo the single motor may not be sustainable since it was the least reserved model and mostly be the lowest profit margin if not a loss at 39K (in reality with inflation, it should be priced at about 47K like the SR+ now). Additionally, the single motor would use up 4680's that could go into the higher end variants.

Reactions: Ogre
I'm sure you've heard the old saying "Rumors are like A holes. Everybody has one"
I'll stick with actual dialogue from Tesla and in lieu of that Elon Musk tweets before I go with " Latest Rumors"

The latest quote we have on Cyber truck configuration is from Elon back in December
"Initial Production will be 4 motor variant. with independent, ultra fast response torque control of each wheel"

That's it. Nothing else has been said.
Nothing else was said against that in the January earnings call. Perhaps April's call will reveal more but until something else comes out that's the latest.
The earnings call did mention the production issues. The OP of this thread is certainly part of the issue.

"When asked about what else is holding back the Cybertruck besides battery production, Musk said that the pricing and what people are willing to pay for the included tech is the main issue “How do we make the Cybertruck affordable?” he said

IMO, That makes the Quad even more likely.
The easiest variant to raise the price on is the most expensive one. But that's just my opinion.
Taking into account if you use 8 percent of an arbitrary guess 1.5 million reservations (minimum) from this thread willing to pay 115K for a quad that would be 120,000 units sold so your opinion does hold water. If they are still working on the quad motor as the latest modification then it would also make sense that it could be first but later than 2023 or at the minimum of 3rd qtr 2023 for release pushing back the dual configs into 2024 etc.

Reactions: gillfoto

I wonder how reliable that source is.. It would make sense for Telsa to release the money making versions first...
I'm personally not interested in any lower range versions of the CT.. I want it for the 500+ mile range and tri or quad motor would be fine.. I have a model X Plaid on order and if the CT would only have 350 mile range, I'd just keep the Model X Plaid at that point.. However, if I can get 500 miles range on the CT, I'll go with the CT..

I wonder how reliable that source is.. It would make sense for Telsa to release the money making versions first...
I'm personally not interested in any lower range versions of the CT.. I want it for the 500+ mile range and tri or quad motor would be fine.. I have a model X Plaid on order and if the CT would only have 350 mile range, I'd just keep the Model X Plaid at that point.. However, if I can get 500 miles range on the CT, I'll go with the CT..
It's Sawyer Merritt. One of the better Tesla sources, but it's a rumor, and we're still at least 9 months from launch and things change.

The reason I think launching dual motor first would make sense is because they are likely going to be limited in how many 4680 cells they can get out the door during the first 6 months after launch. The quad motor and trie motor trucks will use about 65% more cells per truck. So if they are cell constrained they could get at least 3 dual motor trucks for every 2 quad motor trucks.

This is consistent with the fact that they seem to be pushing out a new Model Y SR from Texas also. But... rumors and speculation. Of course that is 90% of Cybertruck info right now we are in an information drought.

I'd prefer the 500 mile range also.

It's Sawyer Merritt. One of the better Tesla sources, but it's a rumor, and we're still at least 9 months from launch and things change.

The reason I think launching dual motor first would make sense is because they are likely going to be limited in how many 4680 cells they can get out the door during the first 6 months after launch. The quad motor and trie motor trucks will use about 65% more cells per truck. So if they are cell constrained they could get at least 3 dual motor trucks for every 2 quad motor trucks.

This is consistent with the fact that they seem to be pushing out a new Model Y SR from Texas also. But... rumors and speculation. Of course that is 90% of Cybertruck knowledge right now.

I'd prefer the 500 mile range also.
Who can trust the dual motor with air suspension and half shafts? Not me! Not going to purchase another Tesla headache 🤕 Quad motor should eliminate the half shaft nightmare.

I have 2 reservations. Once fairly low and one in the mid-high 100ks. Going to get whatever I can get soonest then later on can upgrade.
Three in the 44,000 range from what I am told. Not holding my breath on a delivery date.

Attachments

• 7586605F-81E8-4C62-A9A8-1D6D1F13E185.png
    7586605F-81E8-4C62-A9A8-1D6D1F13E185.png
    403.6 KB · Views: 87
Three in the 44,000 range from what I am told. Not holding my breath on a delivery date.
I figure they will be able to crank out about 100k in the first year. So around launch +6 months I'll start getting anxious.

Vague dates and delays makes it hard to get excited about anything which isn't confirmed with on-the-ground intel. When we see the Austin lot filling up with Cybertrucks, we'll know it's close.

Sure.

Latest we have on prices is from launch night so that must be true also.

People are happy to take for granted the bits of information which agrees with their world view and discount everything else. The idea that the single motor Cybertruck will be yanked from the line-up? Tesla never said this, yet so many people willing to quote that as fact. Likewise pricing increases.

As far as I'm concerned, you are right, facts are facts and rumors are rumors. But right now facts are pretty scarce.