Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those with referral Supercharger credits

AmpManM3

Jun 5, 2019
NC
How does the accounting of your credits appear on screen when you Supercharge? Do you see the price/bill increment in real time on your charging screen, and then see some kind of credit later on your web account page? Or does it just show as free charging until your referral credit is used up? Do you see your referral miles credit decrement somewhere in your account info?

We should have received credit for two referrals, but have never received any. Our loot box shows none. I've complained about this several times to Tesla; they keep saying it will show up eventually, but 5 months later nada.

Then when I supercharged at the Rocky Mount, NC station yesterday, no billing showed on screen while charging, and no charge for the session has shown up in my Tesla account or on my credit card.

Have I suddenly got free supercharging?

Johann Koeber

May 1, 2012
Hersbruck, Germany
So far all my cars are on unlimited supercharging or are using the referral bonuses.

For me it works like this:

While charging it shows on the car's screen in real time. The amount increases as I charge.

After completing the charging session it goes to 0.00.

Some time later the km (miles) are subtracted from the display in the app (loot box).

If I log in to tesla.com and go to my account then the charging sessions used to show up in the history tab. Can't find them any more.

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
Like OP I'm going back and forth re: referral issues with their team

These last 3 steps aren't happening for me this past week. The rest are

"After completing the charging session it goes to 0.00.

Some time later the km (miles) are subtracted from the display in the app (loot box)

If I log in to tesla.com and go to my account then the charging sessions used to show up in the history tab. Can't find them any more. Here's the link: Tesla SSO – Login

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
My Tesla SSO – Login
Shows each location in history with charge $0.00
Then if I open details it shows info like:
Credit balance 2216 kWh
Energy 16 kWh
Credit remaining 2200 kWh

So it is showing in the history as it reduces my referral credit.

And my phone app Loot Box shows like:
"Free Supercharger Miles Remaining
5,555"

Reactions: terrywhite

AmpManM3

Jun 5, 2019
NC
My Tesla SSO – Login
Shows each location in history with charge $0.00
Then if I open details it shows info like:
Credit balance 2216 kWh
Energy 16 kWh
Credit remaining 2200 kWh

So it is showing in the history as it reduces my referral credit.

And my phone app Loot Box shows like:
"Free Supercharger Miles Remaining
5,555"

Thanks!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC