Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question from soon-to-be new owner:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
90D delivered late Oct 2016, 20k miles. No issues of reliability. I have had the small front window re-positioned, which cut down on wind noise and a brake caliper clip replaced on a recall, that didn't present as an issue to me. Both were done at the same time by the mobile repair person while I worked at my office, covered by warranty. Also, I took it in for an annual inspection and they replaced the windshield wipers and I replaced two front tires at that point (18k miles) because of uneven wear, which is quicker than it should be and the back tires are still have tons of tread and even wear. They adjusted the camber settings (I think that's what they said) and hopefully, even tire wear on the front is gonna happen now. Edit - forgot to add that my key fob batteries have been replaced once. Seems reasonable to me.

The information on this forum is invaluable, however, as with any form of social media, which lets face it this is, you have folks who will negative. You have folks who will be vocal. Sometimes those are the same people. Filter the complaints with a careful eye towards how big a deal is this if true? This is a new car company and according to Tesla, the Model X is the most complex vehicle they've made, so arguably it is the most complex car ever built. Put together new and complex and you are going to get some issues. To me, that's part of the deal of being an early adopter. That said, when you buy literally any other car, you will never go to your garage and see that while you slept, the manufacturer improved your car, one time even making it faster. While most of us are still thrilled when this happen, some on the forum complain about the updates. I'm not a blind fanboi, but, I view many of the complaint type posts as people who are people who are expecting perfection, pissed when anything falls in any way short of perfection and they are gonna tell everyone about these imperfections. Good for them, it is an expensive car and they have that right. Don't let them make your decision though. I believe there is a silent vast majority out there who never says or does anything other than lurk and many more owners who are not even on this forum. Good luck. Happy electric motoring.

Reactions: DarkMatter