TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Question : how do I remove the rear view mirror on my 18 P100D ?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nevrenuf, Apr 23, 2018.

1. nevrenuf

nevrenuf Member

Need to remove the rear view mirror to install my radar detector display inside it. No obvious hardware to remove after I took off the trim. One 5 pin connector, no screws or indications of how to pull it down.

Anyone out there give me a hint?

Thanks

2. whitex

whitex Well-Known Member

Remove the plastic cover from behind it, unplug the connector, then rotate the mirror base to unlock (sorry, I don't remember which way). Easiest is to grab the whole mirror and turn, rather than hold onto the base.

3. nevrenuf

nevrenuf Member

Thanks. Was reluctant to twist the mirror too hard at risk of breaking it. Came right out!

4. whitex

whitex Well-Known Member

Yea, I was too the first time. Once you've done it once though it's quick and easy.

5. Axtrader

Axtrader Member

Here you go: