Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question: How to leave your friend in the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked and jump off to pick up something, leaving my friend in the car, car key in armrest cupholder, kept radio aircon everything ON.

Few minutes later I got a call from my friend telling me there's a power cut, everything shuts down :scared:

Fortunately I have my phone so I use the app to turn on the aircon for him.

Is there a way to keep the aircon on without driver in the seat? or perhaps someday I need to leave my dog in the car? :confused:

Last edited:
I parked and jump off to pick up something, leaving my friend in the car, car key in armrest cupholder, kept radio aircon everything ON.

Few minutes later I got a call from my friend telling me there's a power cut, everything shuts down :scared:

Fortunately I have my phone so I use the app to turn on the aircon for him.

Is there a way to keep the aircon on without driver in the seat? or perhaps someday I need to leave my dog in the car? :confused:

I think the only way would be to leave the key with your friend in the car to keep the car "on", no different than a traditional car where the key has to stay in the ignition... with the difference being with Tesla you have the choice to turn the air conditioning back on remotely afterwards without the key.

I think the only way would be to leave the key with your friend in the car to keep the car "on", no different than a traditional car where the key has to stay in the ignition... with the difference being with Tesla you have the choice to turn the air conditioning back on remotely afterwards without the key.

I did. I left the key in the cup holder.

In the US spec cars tapping on the main screen puts the car on (not able to drive). This happens even when the key is removed from the vehicle.

The 'correct' way to leave the car on is to shift it into neutral, then pull up the parking brake options screen and set the parking brake. The car will remain on when you exit the vehicle.

In the US spec cars tapping on the main screen puts the car on (not able to drive). This happens even when the key is removed from the vehicle.

The 'correct' way to leave the car on is to shift it into neutral, then pull up the parking brake options screen and set the parking brake. The car will remain on when you exit the vehicle.

OIC... Thanks for the tip! :biggrin: