TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Question if you financed with Tech CU

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Howdus, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Howdus

Howdus Member

I got the call yesterday for delivery scheduled on Tuesday. I got the contract to Tech CU and they called late on Friday. They said they would get me the loan to sign on Monday. I explained (they didn't seem to grasp) I had to pay Monday as I was picking up Tuesday. They said as long as it is done before noon, they can make the wire (she said wire but I am sure she means ACH...) that day.

My question is do you get any positive confirmation that payment was sent and received. My account shows my vehicle paid but that is just assuming the financed portion will happen.

I normally don't trust both sides of the transaction to get it do so I would call Tesla to see once I know money is sent. BUT if you get an email saying "Money Received" then I would be glad to know.

I thought it was a bit funny the delivery confirmation email said to have the money sent three days earlier...but we know that won't happen unless Tech CU can do the loan in a few hours. I am sure it will be alright but don't want to spend Monday afternoon on the phone with both sides to confirm it.

2. power-eq-iv

power-eq-iv Member

They should send you and a Tesla rep you specify a FedEx tracking number for the check once they cut it.

3. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

My Tesla person knew a TechCU person (worked together in the past) and they just took care of it all magically.

4. Howdus

Howdus Member

Guess I wasn't clear...they don't pay by check. The send it by ACH.

5. Howdus

Howdus Member

Did you get an email from Tesla saying "we received the money." Or did you just show up and not worry. Also, what was the time between signing the loan papers and your delivery? I have one day.

6. Supertester777

Congratulations. By the way what was your interest rate?

7. Howdus

Howdus Member

1.99%. Looks like it went up to 2.49%.

8. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

It was one day. Tesla was good when TechCU told them the check was in the mail. Not sure if this was special treatment

9. mister yub

mister yub Member

Oh dang, when did that happen? It was still 1.99% when I looked a month ago!

10. Howdus

Howdus Member

I received delivery of my car yesterday. Apparently they just started paying Tesla by ACH a few weeks ago so checks were done. I don't think they actually verify if money is received. After we signed the paperwork, they came out to ask for the email that showed payment. They forwarded it so I think they just took that is proof and will reconcile it later.