Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question if you financed with Tech CU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the call yesterday for delivery scheduled on Tuesday. I got the contract to Tech CU and they called late on Friday. They said they would get me the loan to sign on Monday. I explained (they didn't seem to grasp) I had to pay Monday as I was picking up Tuesday. They said as long as it is done before noon, they can make the wire (she said wire but I am sure she means ACH...) that day.

My question is do you get any positive confirmation that payment was sent and received. My account shows my vehicle paid but that is just assuming the financed portion will happen.

I normally don't trust both sides of the transaction to get it do so I would call Tesla to see once I know money is sent. BUT if you get an email saying "Money Received" then I would be glad to know.

I thought it was a bit funny the delivery confirmation email said to have the money sent three days earlier...but we know that won't happen unless Tech CU can do the loan in a few hours. I am sure it will be alright but don't want to spend Monday afternoon on the phone with both sides to confirm it.

I got the call yesterday for delivery scheduled on Tuesday. I got the contract to Tech CU and they called late on Friday. They said they would get me the loan to sign on Monday. I explained (they didn't seem to grasp) I had to pay Monday as I was picking up Tuesday. They said as long as it is done before noon, they can make the wire (she said wire but I am sure she means ACH...) that day.

My question is do you get any positive confirmation that payment was sent and received. My account shows my vehicle paid but that is just assuming the financed portion will happen.

I normally don't trust both sides of the transaction to get it do so I would call Tesla to see once I know money is sent. BUT if you get an email saying "Money Received" then I would be glad to know.

I thought it was a bit funny the delivery confirmation email said to have the money sent three days earlier...but we know that won't happen unless Tech CU can do the loan in a few hours. I am sure it will be alright but don't want to spend Monday afternoon on the phone with both sides to confirm it.

Congratulations. By the way what was your interest rate?

I received delivery of my car yesterday. Apparently they just started paying Tesla by ACH a few weeks ago so checks were done. I don't think they actually verify if money is received. After we signed the paperwork, they came out to ask for the email that showed payment. They forwarded it so I think they just took that is proof and will reconcile it later.