TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Question on color matching door handle and paint armor

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by 1ton, Apr 29, 2015.

1. 1ton

1ton Member

I'm sorry if this has been posted. I tried to do a search.

For those who color matched their door handles to the car color, what did you do? Did you get them painted? All the ones I've seen that match are from a complete car wrap.

If you color matched the door handle did you do just the part before the handle pops out?

Also, what is the "paint armor" that is listed on the cars?

2. 1ton

1ton Member

I found out what the paint armor is.

Also I see many wrap the door handles. Wanted to get some advice on what to do with the handles on a white car. I don't think the wrap comes in a white that matches the car. Am I wrong? What have others done?

3. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

@1Ton

Paint Armor is something Tesla offered for paint protection from the factory, we’d recommend going with XPEL Ultimate, its a self-healing paint protection film that will help protect your car from rock chips, scratches, swirl marks, etc. If its something that came on a car that you bought pre-owned it can be removed professionally and have another paint protection film installed.

We’re sponsoring TMC Connect in July, if possible come see us at our booth for more options and information: TMC CONNECT

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out or PM us...in the mean time check out our recent install on a Tesla: HERE

Benjamin Kenney
    Brand Ambassador
    XPEL TECHNOLOGIES Corp.