Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on current order status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I placed my order for my MY MSM White Interior PUP + FSD + Tow Hitch back in early March. Two weeks after placing the order, I was asked for my payment, location and registration info. I have been sitting at the:

"You have chosen to arrange your own financing through a bank or credit union as your payment method. We will use the information to draft up your contract. Once ready, you will be able to review and provide your signature."

step since the COVID situation broke out, but a few weeks back I noticed that my status in the Overview jumped back to "Order" (aka the check mark in the Prepare for Delivery step was removed). Is this normal or should I reach out to Tesla (I assume my delivery center)? I also did not receive the email that many folks received earlier this week, so I am a bit disappointed.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 3.09.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 3.09.24 PM.png
    100 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 3.09.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 3.09.33 PM.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 76
Hi everyone. I placed my order for my MY MSM White Interior PUP + FSD + Tow Hitch back in early March. Two weeks after placing the order, I was asked for my payment, location and registration info. I have been sitting at the:

step since the COVID situation broke out, but a few weeks back I noticed that my status in the Overview jumped back to "Order" (aka the check mark in the Prepare for Delivery step was removed). Is this normal or should I reach out to Tesla (I assume my delivery center)? I also did not receive the email that many folks received earlier this week, so I am a bit disappointed.

Any guidance would be appreciated!
You were the victim of a momentary glitch on the website that got many of us excited prematurely, and filled out all the requested data as if delivery was imminent.

You're in the same boat as us.

Reactions: Matsayz and beezy
I have the same order timeline as OP (ordered mid to late march, filled out payment/trade/registration/insurance details right away), and I am NOT in the same situation. My status hasn't changed from drafting contract and showing everything completed. I got the email everyone got last week and two text messages from Tesla last week and yesterday.

Main difference is I'm using Tesla financing where it sounds like you secured a loan outside of Tesla. Did your loan expire, it's probably been over 60 days at this point? Id say if yours has reverted back to the initial order step, you should get that checked out.

I have the same order timeline as OP (ordered mid to late march, filled out payment/trade/registration/insurance details right away), and I am NOT in the same situation. My status hasn't changed from drafting contract and showing everything completed. I got the email everyone got last week and two text messages from Tesla last week and yesterday.

Main difference is I'm using Tesla financing where it sounds like you secured a loan outside of Tesla. Did your loan expire, it's probably been over 60 days at this point? Id say if yours has reverted back to the initial order step, you should get that checked out.

The credit union extended the loan approval for an additional 60 days given the current situation (at the same 1.9%). So hopefully it should be fine for the next several weeks. What was your configuration?

Configuration in signature. Maybe your credit union extended the loan, but nobody told Tesla that your loan was extended and Tesla though it expired so they reverted your process? Either way, I'd make some calls to find out for sure.

Configuration in signature. Maybe your credit union extended the loan, but nobody told Tesla that your loan was extended and Tesla though it expired so they reverted your process? Either way, I'd make some calls to find out for sure.

I dont think Tesla knows the expiry of the outside loan. They just ask for the name of the financial institution, address and amount financed

Frustrating update... I called my delivery location first about a month ago to confirm they had everything they needed on their end and it was truly just a waiting game for production to ramp up -- they confirmed. I called them back last week to again confirm that nothing was missing from my account (since I did not receive the email blast everyone seemed to receive). Today, I chatted online with Tesla and they said that my account was held up because the lender I had input (employer credit union), was not approved by Tesla as yet and they would request the approval which should happen later today. Granted due to the COVID situation its unlikely I would have gotten a car in the last couple months, but the confusion internally at Tesla is frustrating!

/end rant :confused:

Update -- moved forward to payment & insurance. Frustrating that I lost a few months, but hopefully get assigned a VIN soon!
You're at the point I am at, when a Tesla website glitched opened for a few hours the unspoken promise of imminent delivery (though I knew that there was NFW they had inventory to get as far down the list as I am).

Still hope to hear from Tesla soon, but I'm thinking July or August delivery at the earliest. But I'd be thrilled to be wrong!

You're at the point I am at, when a Tesla website glitched opened for a few hours the unspoken promise of imminent delivery (though I knew that there was NFW they had inventory to get as far down the list as I am).

Still hope to hear from Tesla soon, but I'm thinking July or August delivery at the earliest. But I'd be thrilled to be wrong!
On the upside more time to save