TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Question on Delivery Estimate Change

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jsm, Aug 7, 2015.

1. jsm

jsm Member

Hi - I ordered my 70 on 8/2 and it becomes final on 8/9 and live in Los Angeles. When I placed the order in the Design Studio it said September delivery. When I go to the design studio today to look, it says late October. How accurate is that? Why did it change so much. Thats another month to wait....

2. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

First of all this date is always an estimate until you're picking up the car. Even when my car was sitting in Seattle and I had an appointment I ended up waiting another week due to an issue with the car (that they corrected and it's been just fine since).

Until you confirm the order it's more subject to change. The fact is since you placed the order and now there's probably been a considerable number of orders given the referral program and some of those may be confirming almost immediately. So that may be why you've been pushed back.

Once you confirm usually it doesn't move much more than about a month for US orders.

3. jsm

jsm Member

I played with the design studio - all options are now September, except the 70S which is late October.

4. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

Tesla does do some prioritization based on model.

5. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

Once Tesla start building Model X in September, we'll see longer delay of Model S.

6. tstafford

tstafford Member

This is especially true at the end of quarters (which the OP is impacted by). My (pure) speculation - Tesla is prioritizing the highest price cars to boost sales before the end of September. They did this earlier this year as well.