TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

question on Falcon door

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mrtian97, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

I got a MX loaner to try before I decided bought the MS. Question on the falcon wing radar in mall parking, the door only open half way because it sensed the distance with the other parked car. I was able to open manually. Is this something that is common for MX? Just wondering the practicality with tight parking spaces.

Thanks

2. FlockofSeagull

I have had my X for two months, it seems common to me.

I also have had an issue with the passenger and less often the driver door automatically opening into adjacent cars

3. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

In a parking garage, overhead cement or sprinklers can be sensed and FWD open amount may be restricted, all a good thing.
    Independent of that, parking next to a car and opening FWD, notice the manner in which it opens is different than in an open space. It has dual hinges, so it can avoid that close adjacent car by hinging up more first then out, rather than immediately swinging out wide.

Donno your exact situation but know these behaviors are in play.

4. outie

outie Active Member

• Like x 2
  5. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

yeah, that's similar to what I experienced, sort of difficult to exit without bumping our head on the FWD