Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on home charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, happy Saturday :)

I am learning way more thru this site than all the Tesla manuals etc. 👍🏻 I received my 22 S Long Range a few weeks ago. The electricians installed the home charger last week and it works good but I had a question. It works and charges fine but when its unplugged from the car it looks like this (see pic) The first couple of days when I charged it the green light would go from top to bottom pulsating when it’s charging which is great and when it was done charging it was blinking blue however now when it’s plugged in or when it’s charging all five green lights are solid and a blue light solid as well and it looks the same when its unplugged. Then once in a while the top green light will pulsate when all of them are lit up. I called the dealer and I talked with a young guy sound like he was 20 lol he said “as long as there’s no red you’re all good bro” I agree red is bad and I haven’t had that yet but is it weird that all these are lit up solid? Any help/info would be awesome. Oh and its 60 amp

Attachments

• EBCA4EF5-70CF-44E7-9863-D034782DFA8D.jpeg
    EBCA4EF5-70CF-44E7-9863-D034782DFA8D.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 280
Also forgot to add I didn’t call Tesla until after I had read the manual several times but the only time it showed 5 bars solid was during setup not ongoing.

You should only have the 1 top green light on when not charging. The manual does not state what 5 green on solid means, except it is an indicator that it is on 60 amp circuit when first powering up the charger. Did you perform the "Commissioning Procedure"? Below is a picture of mine when not charging. Maybe try power cycling the breaker.

Attachments

• T - 1.jpeg
    T - 1.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I purchased mine in August 2016, which is the Gen 2 version (older than yours). It's on a 50 Amp circuit.

When it is powered, but not charging (Standby, waiting to plugin), only the top LED is continuously solid green.

You should only have the 1 top green light on when not charging. The manual does not state what 5 green on solid means, except it is an indicator that it is set for 60 amp when first powering up the charger. Did you perform the "Commissioning Procedure"? Below is a picture of my 60 amp when not charging. Maybe try power cycling the breaker.
Thanks I agree. Yes they did the commissioning during the installation. Thats the only part in the manual they shows 5 bars of green for 60 amp is on install and commissioning. Maybe somehow it got set back to before the install. I can kill the breaker and give that a try. Thank you