Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on Rear brake caliper part #

Got a question for Model S owners, especially anyone with a late 2017-pre-refresh non-performance model. I've got a 2017 Model X which has the rear Mando single piston brake calipers and based on the parts catalog appears to be identical to the ones in the model S for the same year. Looking on the official parts catalog, it looks like that particular caliper would be the following - REAR BRAKE CALIPER WITHOUT PAD KIT - RH - MANDO 1097415-00-A. I'm trying to find a used one online, ebay etc, and finding absolutely zero using that part #. However, I keep seeing rear model S brakes with the part # 1078542-00-A. Actually I find quite a number of these online like this one. The pictures and the numbers stamped on the caliper itself are identical to the one my model X has (Mando 373 23/ Tesla 365-28). However, when I run that part # 1078542 through the Tesla parts catalog, I get this (see below)... which is odd, as if you search using the model S feb 2012-mar 2016 in the catalog, it only shows the 2 piece Brembo rear brakes (which is my understanding of what the older model S and X had before mid 2017). So is this 1078542 item mislabeled in the Tesla catalog (have seen this happen on trim pieces for my X) and there are two different part #s for the same Mando rear brake, are the online resellers mislabeling the part#, or are there really two different Mando rear brakes for model S? And also strange I can't find a single used brake caliper or reseller with part # 1097415 (if I go by what is listed officially on the Tesla parts catalog). I've got a query out to my SC to confirm the exact part # but thought I'd reach out to you Model S owners if you would know. thanks

Part NumberDescriptionModelCategorySubcategoryGroup
1078542-01-BRR BRAKE CALIPER ASSY M12 RH - REDModel S Feb 2012 - Mar 201633 - BRAKES3301 - Brake Discs and CalipersRear Brake Rotors - Calipers and Pads

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC