Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on rear brake part # (2017-2021pre refresh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to find a used rear brake caliper for my 2017 Model X which has the rear Mando single piston brake calipers. Got a frozen bleeder valve that I am struggling to remove and would like to have a spare caliper on hand in case I or the brake shop muck it up and I need to replace the entire caliper. I think the price from the SC is over $400 for a brand new one. Looking on the official parts catalog, it looks like that particular caliper would be the following - REAR BRAKE CALIPER WITHOUT PAD KIT - RH - MANDO 1097415-00-A. Searching online , ebay etc, I am finding absolutely zero using that part #. Oddly, I keep seeing used Model S rear Mando brakes for sale online but have a different part #1078542 like this one. According the official parts catalog, the Model S should use the exact same brake as the Model X for those years. And that one does look exactly like my rear model X one and has the same stamped numbers on it. However, the tesla catalog has that part #1078542 showing up for a pre-2016 model S which is odd given all those should have the Brembo rear calipers and separate EPB? Wonder if these resellers are getting the part number wrong. I've got a query out to my SC to confirm the exact part # but thought I'd reach out to see if anyone has recently replaced a rear Mando brake (through the official channels or from resellers) and can also confirm the part #. thanks