Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on summon and home link

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I use summon on my fob to back out the car from the garage when the garage door is close, does it automatically activate home link to open the door? Does it do that because it senses the door is close, or that there is an obstruction?

What happens if the door does not open, will it still proceed or will it auto stop regardless whether I hold the button? Similarly, if I press summon-forward by mistake (instead of reverse), does the car know to stop?

Curious about this and too risk-adverse to try :)

Technical note - on the X, you can't use your FOB for Summon yet.

Mine is hooked to Homelink but never works if I just use Summon. I have to press the Homelink "button" in the Tesla app, then use Summon.

Last edited:
I tried today - somehow my summon/homelink is reversed.

When I tried to inch forward into the garage, homelink became activated (thinking that the garage door is in front of the car). When I tried to back out, I got a failure. Any idea how I can recalibrate it?

I tried today - somehow my summon/homelink is reversed.

When I tried to inch forward into the garage, homelink became activated (thinking that the garage door is in front of the car). When I tried to back out, I got a failure. Any idea how I can recalibrate it?
Remove the current home link connection from Settings and create new with the car in the direction you want to use it.