TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Question on summon and home link

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by NoVIN4Me, May 3, 2016.

1. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

If I use summon on my fob to back out the car from the garage when the garage door is close, does it automatically activate home link to open the door? Does it do that because it senses the door is close, or that there is an obstruction?

What happens if the door does not open, will it still proceed or will it auto stop regardless whether I hold the button? Similarly, if I press summon-forward by mistake (instead of reverse), does the car know to stop?

Curious about this and too risk-adverse to try :)

2. pvogel

pvogel Member

There's a setting for summon that links it to homelink so if it sees an obstruction it will attempt a door open command and if the door is not in its way anymore it will proceed. If there is still something in its way it will stop, shutdown, and the app will say 'summon failed'

• Like x 2
  3. elguapo

elguapo Member

#3 elguapo, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Technical note - on the X, you can't use your FOB for Summon yet.

Mine is hooked to Homelink but never works if I just use Summon. I have to press the Homelink "button" in the Tesla app, then use Summon.

4. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

I tried today - somehow my summon/homelink is reversed.

When I tried to inch forward into the garage, homelink became activated (thinking that the garage door is in front of the car). When I tried to back out, I got a failure. Any idea how I can recalibrate it?

5. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Remove the current home link connection from Settings and create new with the car in the direction you want to use it.