Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on the screen - does it auto dim?

I am curious (have not been in a 3 yet), but while driving, does the large screen dim and just show you your MPH?

I mean does it auto dim after a while so that a bright screen is not in your vision while driving... I like my cab to be really dark while driving at night, as anything like a phone screen or ipad hurts my eyes after a while... even on my jeep I turn down the brightness on the console. If not, is their an option to turn the screen off and just show you your speed?

Let me know,

thanks

SDKoala

Model 3 LR RWD
Apr 11, 2018
San Diego
I am curious (have not been in a 3 yet), but while driving, does the large screen dim and just show you your MPH?

I mean does it auto dim after a while so that a bright screen is not in your vision while driving... I like my cab to be really dark while driving at night, as anything like a phone screen or ipad hurts my eyes after a while... even on my jeep I turn down the brightness on the console. If not, is their an option to turn the screen off and just show you your speed?

Let me know,

thanks

It turns to night mode (black background instead of white) and dims. You can't turn off the screen and you can't just choose to show speed. I haven't found it to be bothersome.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC