TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Question on the screen - does it auto dim?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by scrapple, May 19, 2018.

1. scrapple

scrapple Member

I am curious (have not been in a 3 yet), but while driving, does the large screen dim and just show you your MPH?

I mean does it auto dim after a while so that a bright screen is not in your vision while driving... I like my cab to be really dark while driving at night, as anything like a phone screen or ipad hurts my eyes after a while... even on my jeep I turn down the brightness on the console. If not, is their an option to turn the screen off and just show you your speed?

Let me know,

thanks

2. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Auto dims or manual setting. You can not dim the speedo differently than the whole screen AFAIK

3. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

It turns to night mode (black background instead of white) and dims. You can't turn off the screen and you can't just choose to show speed. I haven't found it to be bothersome.

4. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

The auto-dimming works very well. I saw the manual settings but I've never had a thought about making any changes.

5. Point 3

Point 3 Member

Like Elon said “you won’t care”

• Like x 2