Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Question on wheels for a MYP

Hey everyone,

While I wait for my MYP, what is the consensus for winter wheels/tires? From what I've found on the forums, it seems you can use the Gemini Wheels on the MYP and I've seen a few on sale for low $1000s for the set but what about winter tires? what has been your experiences for a set that won't break the bank just for winter driving?

Thanks!

Zuese

Mar 22, 2021
MN
I also have MYP on order, I picked up a set of Geminis rims for 900, I am also considering dropping my summer tire down to 20in so I don't have to buy a $1400 set of 21in rubber every summer.

I currently drive an M3 AWD and the stock tires sucked on ice. Winter tires are a must on the M3 so I assume the MY will be the same

Reactions: chisss

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC