Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

question re: 2016 P90DL pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I'm contemplating a facelift 2016 P90DL and wanted to know what the going prices are with low miles (under 30k). Can they be had under 70k? or is 72-78k more typical? Do you think that these cars will continue to depreciate sharply? Looks like the depreciation is 1k/mo??
Thanks in advance.

I'm perusing the depreciation thread right now... I understand that cars are depreciating assets, especially higher end with a lot of options. But anytime I buy, I think about the exit which is why I'm asking about depreciation. I'm in a GTR right now which has done a pretty good job in holding it's value. I bought it 5 years ago for 75k and it's probably still worth around 50k. I'm just sick of getting gas and maintenance is pretty expensive.

I'm also wondering if I'll want to have AP2/2.5/3 in the future or MCU2. Many posts that I've read say that AP1 works just as well as AP2+, at least for now but more sensors have to be better in the long run....

Having driven an autopilot one P85D for the last three years, I can tell the OP there is nothing wrong with an autopilot one car. All cars depreciate.

I don’t think he is saying there is anything wrong with it, but the gap is widening between what AP1 and AP2+ can do. I have an AP1 car as well, but I do suspect that will impact the resale value. I even have the facelift P90DL power output, but I don’t expect that to help the resale much.

Having driven an autopilot one P85D for the last three years, I can tell the OP there is nothing wrong with an autopilot one car. All cars depreciate.

I didn’t say anything was wrong with it. I have an AP1 car as well and it is going to depreciate faster than any AP2+ car.

For whatever reason OP is concerned with depreciation.

I'm perusing the depreciation thread right now... I understand that cars are depreciating assets, especially higher end with a lot of options. But anytime I buy, I think about the exit which is why I'm asking about depreciation. I'm in a GTR right now which has done a pretty good job in holding it's value. I bought it 5 years ago for 75k and it's probably still worth around 50k. I'm just sick of getting gas and maintenance is pretty expensive.

I'm also wondering if I'll want to have AP2/2.5/3 in the future or MCU2. Many posts that I've read say that AP1 works just as well as AP2+, at least for now but more sensors have to be better in the long run....

AP 2 and 2.5 are definitely going to be better in the long run, they're already better with Navigate on Autopilot, Sentry Mode, Dog Mode, Tesla Cam, etc. When new features like Enhanced Summon and stoplight recognition roll out later this year, its going create a even greater delta.

AP 2 and 2.5 are definitely going to be better in the long run, they're already better with Navigate on Autopilot, Sentry Mode, Dog Mode, Tesla Cam, etc. When new features like Enhanced Summon and stoplight recognition roll out later this year, its going create a even greater delta.
Nothing wrong with AP1 ..for p90 I would be more concerned unless had the v3 pack

I was under the impression that the 90D Ludicrous models all had V3 batteries because V1 and V2 didn't provide enough output? Please correct me if I'm wrong....

I don't really want to spend more than 75k so I guess the other option if I wanted to get AP2+ hardware would be to get a demo 2018 100D which seem to be running around 81k minus the federal tax credit which would put it around 77k. I guess I'd have to decide what's more important, speed or electronics....

I was under the impression that the 90D Ludicrous models all had V3 batteries because V1 and V2 didn't provide enough output? Please correct me if I'm wrong....

I don't really want to spend more than 75k so I guess the other option if I wanted to get AP2+ hardware would be to get a demo 2018 100D which seem to be running around 81k minus the federal tax credit which would put it around 77k. I guess I'd have to decide what's more important, speed or electronics....

Not all P90DL are v3 batt ...good chance the facelift has new battery ... the 100D is a fast car plus has AP2.5 ...I wouldn’t count that out ..plus 90 batteries also had SC throttling issues

Speed... Ha, only you can answer that for yourself.

And like P85_DA said there are absolutely P90DLs with all three pack versions. I thought all facelift cars had the V3 but I guess I’m not certain of that. The part number is relatively easy to see if you can inspect the vehicle. The V3 is absolutely what you want for performance reasons and for reliability reasons.

• Love
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari