Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question re features by year or VIN breakpoint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am out shopping for a pre-owned Model S and have two questions.

1. What year and or VIN breakpoint did they upgrade the TPMS to display actual/individual tire PSI's.

2. I don't see any range or performance difference between the S85 and S90 batteries? Seems to me the S90 should have more range than the S85's 265 RM rating.

I'm sure I'll have more as I get closer to pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance.

Am out shopping for a pre-owned Model S and have two questions.

1. What year and or VIN breakpoint did they upgrade the TPMS to display actual/individual tire PSI's.

2. I don't see any range or performance difference between the S85 and S90 batteries? Seems to me the S90 should have more range than the S85's 265 RM rating.

I'm sure I'll have more as I get closer to pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance.

1 - mine is a December 2014 build and I do have the actual PSI for each tire.

2 - I have an 85 and I'm quite happy with it. I think the early 90 packs were not considered to be too great. Still, there isn't that much difference so it probably doesn't matter either way. Longevity and the 85, as opposed to the early 90s, maybe an issue. Then again you have an unlimitemiles,, 8 years, warranty on the battery pack so, wouldn't worry too much!