Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question: Rear Screen audio in the 2021 Model S LR

jarvessharp

Jul 9, 2021
Marin County, CA
New member here so excuse me if this is answered elsewhere. Couldn't find it.

I just took delivery of my 2021 Model S LR. I'm hugely pleased with it but I'm confused about one small thing. I thought I read somewhere that the rear screen, which I am hoping can medicate my small children, connects to bluetooth for audio. I envisioned the kids with bluetooth headphones on, watching their dinosaurs and dragons, without my wife and I having to listen to it. But I cannot for the life of me find anything on this. It simply seems like they can watch Netflix while it plays over the main speakers. Which entirely defeats the purpose. I'd revert to an iPad if that's the case. Anyone know anything about this?

oneway

Jul 12, 2021
Irvine
Haha, came on here just for this question. Super annoying, hopefully it supports BT audio soon. Crazy idea. Has anyone tried the USB C ports in the back. I wonder if they support audio out?!?!?

cytranic

Aug 14, 2015
FL
Haha, came on here just for this question. Super annoying, hopefully it supports BT audio soon. Crazy idea. Has anyone tried the USB C ports in the back. I wonder if they support audio out?!?!?
I tried it, they dont work. Power only. They dont even work when plugged in the front

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC