Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question Regarding MVPA / Financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening folks. I just got my MVPA tonight and already emailed my SA, but who knows when he'll respond. Understanding I don't have an accounting degree and have never worked in auto sales, can someone please explain this to me?

1. I placed an order deposit of $100, like everyone else.
2. I qualified for a $1,000 rebate through San Diego Gas & Electric and Tesla applied it to my account back in August. It was my understanding that they will claim the rebate, not me.
3. I'm financing through my own bank and intend to put down $20,000 (I told my SA and he updated my account a while back).
4. On the MVPA under the "Total Credits" section, it shows $0 for deposit and $0 for the EV Incentive. That $1,100 was added to the downpayment amount, totaling $21,100.
5. If I just send this to my loan officer, she will have no idea about the rebate and deposit and will expect me to increase my downpayment to $21,100 instead of $20k even.

Am I over-thinking this or did they make a mistake?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 7.53.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 7.53.40 PM.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 118
$100 order fee is not a deposit, it's a "fee" now. You'll see that as part of your downpayment. Your order form should reflect the same.
$1000 SDG&E credit, you must apply for it. Tesla won't do this on behalf of you, since it does require your bill as verification and what not.

Also, if you qualify, make sure you also apply for the $2000 CVRP rebate as well! Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

The total credits you owe makes sense to me, so you'll have to pony up an additional $21,000 IIRC. You should see your final payoff amount on the tesla page.

$100 order fee is not a deposit, it's a "fee" now. You'll see that as part of your downpayment. Your order form should reflect the same.
$1000 SDG&E credit, you must apply for it. Tesla won't do this on behalf of you, since it does require your bill as verification and what not.

Also, if you qualify, make sure you also apply for the $2000 CVRP rebate as well! Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

The total credits you owe makes sense to me, so you'll have to pony up an additional $21,000 IIRC. You should see your final payoff amount on the tesla page.

I applied for the SDG&E rebate and was approved in June. I forwarded the approval code and email to my SA in August. Tesla's finance department confirmed it and applied the rebate to my account weeks ago. I just looked at my account's "submit final payment" screen (not the MVPA) and the EV incentive credit is now gone for some reason. I think that's the main issue.