Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question regarding parking/autopark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Leodoc

Owner/operator of "Leo hates me" club
Jan 25, 2016
South Florida
Hey guys...

quick question. I might have a tight squeeze into my garage with the X. The width may get close...two question regarding parking/autoparking...

1. Will autoparking (summons if you will) sense the side mirrors approximation to outside objects? So if the entire vehicle will pass through a small opening except for the side mirrors, will the X recognize that?

2. Will summons allow you to fold the side mirrors automatically before it tries to park?

thoughts?

thanks everyone!

In case you didn't know (I didn't), summon and autopark will not work unless you have at least 8" of room on either side of the car.

From the start? I mean I assume when you're pulling into a single car garage, you'll start with a wide open space but obviously the opening into the garage may be more tight...what will the vehicle do? Just stop?

Is that written someplace, I don't see it in the owner's manual. There are a number of metrics referenced in the summons section but not garage width (it does refer to stopping within a few inches of the garage wall). I have 6" available on either side of the car and summon will be the only way to garage it near the HPWC.

There's 2 settings on summon. Normal or Narrow. Mine was stopping midway into the garage because it sensed some cabinets and a workbench. Once I changed it to "narrow" I haven't had that issue. It won't move if plugged in though--do you have enough room to get to the charging cable?

Ok so reporting back....

My single car garage is pretty narrow. It is 8 feet wide but with the rubber pieces that form a seal on the garage door, it is a bit less. I am able to back the tesla into the spot...but summon doesn't like how narrow the opening is and will not park itself. I guess that is that....