Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question regarding type 2 32 A chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goodmorning folks,

Next week we'll be in England with the model s. I have a question regarding type 2 chargers. We'll stay in two Best Western hotels that both have type 2 chargers, rated "32A". Is this a single fase (1*32A) or a three fase (3*32A) chargers? If it is one fase charging, will I be able to take the full 32A with a single charger or will I be limited to 1*16A? With the single charger I can charge to 3*16A max, I wonder if 1*32A is also possible.

Kind regards,

Daniel

3 phase charging not very common in England. Chances are very strong that the 32A chargers are from the Zero Carbon Network and they are one phase. You might want to check this map to see if your hotel is on it. Just click on the marker to see the charger specs.

The ZCW Type 2 points (at Best Western) are 32A single phase.

You will definitely get 3 phase from the Ecotricity points but that still may require a long wait in a motorway service station or an Ikea :D

I have read that the single charger Model S takes 3x16A and 1x40A but you may want to check. Wido may know.

3 phase charging not very common in England. Chances are very strong that the 32A chargers are from the Zero Carbon Network and they are one phase. You might want to check this map to see if your hotel is on it. Just click on the marker to see the charger specs.

The chargers at the best western hotels indeed form part of the zero carbon network.

The ZCW Type 2 points (at Best Western) are 32A single phase.

You will definitely get 3 phase from the Ecotricity points but that still may require a long wait in a motorway service station or an Ikea :D

I have read that the single charger Model S takes 3x16A and 1x40A but you may want to check. Wido may know.

The display on the model s does show 40A as the maximum rate. I'll ask Wido!

When abroad, I always visit Ikea! You never know if the Billy in one country differs from the Billy in another country! :tongue: