Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question to the people who sat in one

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dutchie

Jun 9, 2013
Canada
I have test driven a Model S, however, due to a back injury it was hard for me to get in and out of the car. Therefore I was waiting for the Model X. This turned out to be a little too expensive for me.

The Model 3 seems to be a bit higher than the Model S. Can anyone who has sat in one confirm that? I placed my order in the mean time, however, my concern of getting in and out like the Model S remains. Thanks.

Thanks for posting this important subject. The Model S has an awkward B-pillar placement, so I found in my test drives that with the seat position back (tall driver), it WAS hard to get in and out.

I don't know if they let reveal attendees ride in the front seat, but if anyone did, please comment.

I can't comment on the Model 3 but this was the major reason I went for the Model X and it's stellar in this regard. I also have trouble rotating my spine for similar reasons and I have found that its really easy to move my whole body around. With the Model S with the Next Gen seats I just did not have that flexibility.

Perhaps you should consider a 5 seat, 70 kwh Model X, or by the time the Model 3's are available I would suspect there will be a lot of Model X CPO's that people traded in because it was not the car they thought it would be.

Can someone comment on the amount of rear seat space, and how it compares to a Mercedes C class or a BMW 3 series (and Model S)? Elon said that they pushed up the dash and pushed back the passengers, but I was curious exactly how much space was indeed added and how comfortable it is.

6'7"...

We tall people will have to wait till we can sit in it ourselves to know for sure.

My biggest "fit" issue these days is the low placement of the rear view mirror, and the lack of adjustment now that rain sensing wipers and other technology has taken over the mirror mounts.

Reactions: Transepoch
I'm 6' 6" tall, will I fit in a Model 3?

As it happens, Bengt Halvorson of Green Car Reports is 6'6" and sat in the back of a Model 3 last night. Here's what he had to say:

Seating is every bit as good as described. In his presentation of the Model 3, CEO Elon Musk had some great things to say about the seating and noted that they’d pushed the dash further forward, which nudged the front seats ahead and allowed more legroom for rear occupants. The strategy works, and at a very tall 6’-6”, I had no issue with headroom or legroom.

Full article and video can be found here.