Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question to those who chose the Midnight Silver Metallic color.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It can be subdued or remarkable, depending on the lighting.
01Nq8IW8FKbX7YSLAsCdTw6g-q0_e3fV2xpps_N-Vl2_PLomL0w6fFpHSjYVyo-WSRsadGxlzSPm6qj7hXz9OMyvjO3NWIJQeQXzqzN00Y5HkhNKzMdJJiC0uSQ490JJZfJ8-QicfCx8vrUTzMhLfSHape_l9nh4DVJHldqNtuIAisEKDZ-tFmC9m61LnnGUN8oyJgBnT1yqbXq8swQ0VtQHLPXvl4iI87Pl0F3L4AtYDwGvCvoVBLOVN99drJVV18NYDIqMDP2mZTlrT4hLg-N4TmwTRmmzJ9WKA_Snf7P43EFEOyaXlmeaVTGifmGMMCn-Ru1eF-tRuVhJTz7hlSUmnS6n2kv1c2qq5wPMXhecQPHDLvTY0IkVCxWEAvrkhwAKt-Sx36Co9NbJsYFfUuieIAvvkW2cMOc_N4ux-F8gmUwU3YM1K7ZkQrHHz5fexF0WlCSjZwzmH5voTmbh1kHT7Drp50RfZsxGjclYtZMCRRTrQk5UaK2pXeZU5x2BrHbCzWOadL6zPeV5NQ-9tBNA-60f4sq3eWh0zWYgsBZ1cg-35l7F1AnJc-H7tBkN3FORmpSWL4UWvUwYP4wLGPJV_6GFyfahswlr6jvl=w1382-h958-no

I was deciding bw the pearl white and MSM. Chose MSM:
- Last car was diamond white
- White is really overdone at the moment, esp w dark accents, and I def wanted the gray 21’s. I may go back to this stormtrooper look at some pt, it’s just everywhere right now
- Loved how the gray was the same paint code as the car...found that to be unique, and I like unique, never had a car w the exact same paint code wheels/body (unless I’m just wrong about that and they misled me about the paint code, oh well!)
- Originally was going to black everything out, but the chrome/gray has grown on me
- White hides dirt better in wintertime especially, but I realized I don’t really care and just got a wash subscription

Overall I love the blue and white, but think I’d get sick of blue, and skipped white per above, gray was cool looking and a bit diff around here (altho have seen many more recently).

Reactions: Maximilien
First of all, I could not choose colors due to my color blindness. However the two women in my life, my wife and her sister went with me to the Tesla showroom in Mt. Kisco, NY and looking at all the colors available at that time they considered the Midnight Silver Metallic the correct color for the S based on the following:

1) sophistication (most like the Bentley or Aston Martin grey metallic)
2) depth of color, the MSM has some flecks of blue/purple and silver in it
3) the ability of the color to hide dust and dirt somewhat

Our interior is the tan leather with black Alcantara headliner ( I believe this color combo is no longer available) and the Obeche Matte accents.

When the interior and exterior are viewed as a whole, the car's appearance is one of elegance and understatement. However from the inside, you feel somewhat light and airy due to the light leather doors and seats. We have the front and rear consoles as well. I do not think Tesla offers the rear console any more and the Obeche wood interior is also no longer offered. This combo in total is no longer configurable, sadly.

Our wheels are the dark grey as well which really make the S look somewhat aggressive and mono-chromatic.

Reactions: Maximilien
The multi-coat Red is a great looking color. However, there's no way my wife would even think of owning a red car. The new bright Blue looks similar to some of the Toyota pickups in the area and the Silver just looked "cheap". On the other hand, the Midnight Silver Metallic looks like it belongs on a car of this caliber and paired with the cream interior/ash trim it gives the car a feel of sophistication.

For me, it was just a matter of personal taste, and to a lesser extent, the cost. My first choice would have been white, but the upcharge and my budget swayed me to my second choice -- midnight silver.

... the rest is history