Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Question] Trade-in experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I placed my order for my M3LR back in April '20 I followed the trade-in guidance, for my 2009 Volvo V70 took the photos and submitted a scanned copy of the V5C. They offered me £2000.
My previous 2003 Volvo V70 was traded in to a Volvo dealer in 2010 and they had offered me £2500 so I figured Tesla's trade-in figure would be similar to a Volvo trade-in so went with it.
I found both requested Volvo keyfobs, put all the paperwork (service book & user manual) in the glovebox and even put my spare bulbs in the boot (no good to me now!).
Whatever the trade-in time period was they still honoured it come September when I collected my Tesla. The MOT just had 1 week left.
I had changed the Volvo Vehicle Tax from annual to monthly when it was due in June 2020 and cancelled it on the evening I collected the Tesla.
I don't think Tesla spent any time beyond a cursory look - either they "trusted me" or, probably more likely, it didn't really matter to them.

Reactions: hcdavis3