TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Question: What's the going rate for basic 19 wheels

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by gimmi80, Sep 14, 2015.

1. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

Just getting some feedback.
    I've a new set of wheels on my tesla and the basic 19 inches are sitting in my garage picking up space.

A few questions:
    1) What's the suggested price (by the member of TMC) for a set of 4 versus individual (including nuts, center cap, but NO tires and NO TPMS).
    2) What's the shipping rate (USPS), if you have experience shipping this sort of things
    3) better (faster selling) to sell each wheel on it's own or sell the set.

Thanks

2. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

#2 ArtInCT, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    A low price per wheel would be $200 and a high price would be $300.
    Sell the nuts and caps separately or add $30 to $40 per wheel for them.
    Shipping via Fedex Ground or UPS would run about $40 to $60 per boxed rim with the destination in the US depending upon location, usually the further it has to go the more it costs you to ship them... make sure they ship insured for the full value.
    You have to pack the wheels in a box and use a foam protection on the inside and outside rims to prevent dings if shipping. Tape the foam to the wheels.
    There is a type of inexpensive foam tube (home depot or lowes) used to insulate water pipes that will fit well. It has a hollow center for the pipe and is slit lengthwise.
    Slice it to length for the wheel diameter and bend it around the wheel rims and tape it on.
    Likewise the lugs and caps need to be boxed to prevent loss and damage to wheel.
    If any of the wheels have any rash or dings or blemishes, then you have to point that out to the buyers.
    You say they are new so that implies perfect.

As for selling them as a set or individually, well that is a good question. I really cannot help you there.

ARTinCT

3. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

Wow.
    Thanks for the excellent info!

4. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

You can buy them brand new for less than that from tesla. I would think $400 for the whole set would be good. I think new from tesla they dropped the price down to around 200 each or less.

5. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

I recently bought a set of 4 base 19" wheels used. They were just the wheels in perfect condition, I paid $650 + shipping.

6. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

#6 Xenoilphobe, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    I paid $700 here in DC. Local pickup with only 300 miles on them. No TPMS and no tires. center caps included

add PVD Black Chrome @ $212 per wheel and you got some awesome unique products that are higher quality than most aftermarket products (except Forged which are awesome, but cost a fortune)

P85+ PVD 19 inch Wheels.jpg PVD with Red background.jpg

7. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

amazing. beautiful.
    but you really need some black lug nuts!
    the center cap is also powder coated of is it spray paint?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, thanks for all the feedback. Considering I will include lug nuts and center cap, I think I will start from $1000 (including shipping) or $850 for pickup/local delivery.
    I will post them on TMC this weekend with detailed photos of each wheel.
    if anybody in interested please feel free to PM me.

8. jlucero

jlucero Member

i have a set of 19 inch like those but i DO have TPMS sensors. tires/wheels are brand new as i got new rims. how much is the going rate for those?

9. Fdmark42

Fdmark42 Member

Guess I'll add my $.02
    My new 70D being delivered Thurs or Friday in Vegas. Already have replacement wheels (Miro 111) Selling new OEM 19's. Prefer local pickup or will ship. PM me if interested. Selling wheels and Lug nuts, NOT TPMS

10. David_Cary

David_Cary Member

I have 4 sitting in my basement in NC if anyone interested in local pickup..... $400 total. What am I ever going to use them for - snow tires? I doubt it.