Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question: What's the going rate for basic 19 wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just getting some feedback.
I've a new set of wheels on my tesla and the basic 19 inches are sitting in my garage picking up space.

A few questions:
1) What's the suggested price (by the member of TMC) for a set of 4 versus individual (including nuts, center cap, but NO tires and NO TPMS).
2) What's the shipping rate (USPS), if you have experience shipping this sort of things
3) better (faster selling) to sell each wheel on it's own or sell the set.

Thanks

A low price per wheel would be $200 and a high price would be $300.
Sell the nuts and caps separately or add $30 to $40 per wheel for them.
Shipping via Fedex Ground or UPS would run about $40 to $60 per boxed rim with the destination in the US depending upon location, usually the further it has to go the more it costs you to ship them... make sure they ship insured for the full value.
You have to pack the wheels in a box and use a foam protection on the inside and outside rims to prevent dings if shipping. Tape the foam to the wheels.
There is a type of inexpensive foam tube (home depot or lowes) used to insulate water pipes that will fit well. It has a hollow center for the pipe and is slit lengthwise.
Slice it to length for the wheel diameter and bend it around the wheel rims and tape it on.
Likewise the lugs and caps need to be boxed to prevent loss and damage to wheel.
If any of the wheels have any rash or dings or blemishes, then you have to point that out to the buyers.
You say they are new so that implies perfect.

As for selling them as a set or individually, well that is a good question. I really cannot help you there.

ARTinCT

Last edited:
A low price per wheel would be $200 and a high price would be $300.
Sell the nuts and caps separately or add $30 to $40 per wheel for them.
Shipping via Fedex Ground or UPS would run about $40 to $60 per boxed rim with the destination in the US depending upon location, usually the further it has to go the more it costs you to ship them... make sure they ship insured for the full value.
You have to pack the wheels in a box and use a foam protection on the inside and outside rims to prevent dings if shipping. Tape the foam to the wheels.
There is a type of inexpensive foam tube (home depot or lowes) used to insulate water pipes that will fit well. It has a hollow center for the pipe and is slit lengthwise.
Slice it to length for the wheel diameter and bend it around the wheel rims and tape it on.
Likewise the lugs and caps need to be boxed to prevent loss and damage to wheel.
If any of the wheels have any rash or dings or blemishes, then you have to point that out to the buyers.
You say they are new so that implies perfect.

As for selling them as a set or individually, well that is a good question. I really cannot help you there.

ARTinCT
Wow.
Thanks for the excellent info!

I paid $700 here in DC. Local pickup with only 300 miles on them. No TPMS and no tires. center caps included

add PVD Black Chrome @ $212 per wheel and you got some awesome unique products that are higher quality than most aftermarket products (except Forged which are awesome, but cost a fortune)

P85+ PVD 19 inch Wheels.jpg
PVD with Red background.jpg

Last edited:
I paid $700 here in DC. Local pickup with only 300 miles on them. No TPMS and no tires. center caps included

add PVD Black Chrome @ $212 per wheel and you got some awesome unique products that are higher quality than most aftermarket products (except Forged which are awesome, but cost a fortune)

View attachment 94191View attachment 94192

amazing. beautiful.
but you really need some black lug nuts!
the center cap is also powder coated of is it spray paint?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, thanks for all the feedback. Considering I will include lug nuts and center cap, I think I will start from $1000 (including shipping) or $850 for pickup/local delivery.
I will post them on TMC this weekend with detailed photos of each wheel.
if anybody in interested please feel free to PM me.