Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question, why is chrome delete so expensive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
base 3m tint = ~$350
top of the line tint = ~$1000

chrome delete = minimum $650 with multiple shops charging $800-1000. where is the $350 chrome delete for m3? are there kits i can get to install chrome delete myself?

thanks for all the help.

All depends on how you want it to look and how durable you want it to be. $1K for a top-end chrome delete isn't unreasonable, it's hard and painstaking work to do it right.

Of course, you can get it done really cheaply, just don't be surprised when the guy pulls out a roll of masking tape and a can of black Krylon.

2364-24x55.jpg
10520502_1.jpg

All depends on how you want it to look and how durable you want it to be. $1K for a top-end chrome delete isn't unreasonable, it's hard and painstaking work to do it right.

Of course, you can get it done really cheaply, just don't be surprised when the guy pulls out a roll of masking tape and a can of black Krylon.

2364-24x55.jpg
10520502_1.jpg
Brother, you're high class....
One and done
IMG_4675.JPG

I think I'm the only one that likes the chrome accents... I think it looks beautiful on my midnight silver :)
Agreed. Mine is deleted because the car is black. Chrome on silver or midnight silver comes from the factory without accents. You could argue that matte black over chrome on silvers adds accent, but if you have tinted windows it blends in with them well.

Last edited:
Yep, t-sportlne 19” in matte black. I picked up OEM center caps directly from Tesla. I have had the same kind on my Model S for a couple of years now. Love them, they look great.

@shdooby did you ever consider get the OEM 19' and then getting them powder coated matte black? I am still deciding what I want to do with regards to wheels. I think for me, the 18s are the smart plan but I am really wanting/liking the 19" sport wheels and then just get them powder coated that way I do not have to worry about finding a place to swap them out and putting winter wheels on (my service center said they will not touch after market wheels). The T-Sportlines look sweet too, especially the matte black, but if I got the OEM 19s, I could save some money too. I don't know...still got some time to think about it.