Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question: Will Tesla replace damaged wing mirrors free of charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the safety geeks at Tesla have disabled our wing mirrors from folding, (accept below 10MPH) can anyone tell me if, in the event of them being damaged by oncoming traffic being driven in narrow country lanes here in UK/ Europe, will Tesla replace these expensive damaged mirrors (see my earlier text: - Wing Mirror Warning!) free of charge?

Now that the safety geeks at Tesla have disabled our wing mirrors from folding, (accept below 10MPH) can anyone tell me if, in the event of them being damaged by oncoming traffic being driven in narrow country lanes here in UK/ Europe, will Tesla replace these expensive damaged mirrors (see my earlier text: - Wing Mirror Warning!) free of charge?

What an odd concept! If a Tesla employee was driving the car when damaged, perhaps, yes. If you are unable to drive it with sufficient care so as not to hit something, that becomes your responsibility, or if someone hits you, their responsibility. In no case is it Tesla's responsibility for such an issue about which you had complete awareness beforehand.

Thanks for your replies.

I'm unaware of the laws in the US, but here in the UK when driving in the many narrow streets where parked cars make passing a hazard, or when passing cars in narrow country lanes an equally difficult manoeuvre, we're lawfully able to fold-in our wing mirrors.

I'm hoping that Tesla Europe having been previously allowed us to enjoy this facility, will restore this BRILLIANT feature! If only we had the big wide roads you have in the USo_O

Thanks for your replies.

I'm unaware of the laws in the US, but here in the UK when driving in the many narrow streets where parked cars make passing a hazard, or when passing cars in narrow country lanes an equally difficult manoeuvre, we're lawfully able to fold-in our wing mirrors.

I'm hoping that Tesla Europe having been previously allowed us to enjoy this facility, will restore this BRILLIANT feature! If only we had the big wide roads you have in the USo_O
Just don't get the premium package

...Tesla have disabled our wing mirrors from folding, (accept below 10MPH)

...here in the UK when driving in the many narrow streets where parked cars make passing a hazard, or when passing cars in narrow country lanes an equally difficult manoeuvre, we're lawfully able to fold-in our wing mirrors.
If you are driving somewhere where it is so narrow that you need to fold your mirrors in so that you don't hit something with them then should probably not be going more than 10mph anyway.

Have you toured Europe? Some city roads are not much wider than US sidewalks! Not to mention hotel rooms the size of our walk in closets!

Maybe I'm being ignorant here, but if it's really THAT tight of a spot to get through, would you be going more than 10mph? Sounds like it's not a problem in that case as the mirrors will allow you to fold them in at under 10mph. I can't see going over 10mph to squeeze through such a tight spot.