Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question with Tesla Go Anywhere....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I was playing with the online Tesla Go Anywhere... from Sacramento to Yellowstone NP, the planner gives me a long route going south passing Bakersfield , Las Vegas ,SLC and going north to Yellowstone NP.

Google Maps, gives me a more logical route pretty much straight to Yellowstone NP.

Why is this???

Also it calls my attention that there would be several stops for charging (13 actually), some of them 10, 15 or 40 min. Is this the way how you typically travel long distances???

I'm new, and trying to understand how this works... I have the ICE mentality when planning a long trip, but I should change to EV mentality once my MY is delivered...

20210723_161706.jpg

Just so you know, the online tesla planner does not plan like the in car navigation will. I won't say in car navigation will map this route better by default, but the website is not the same. I would guess that it's probably not got current supercharger data and so tried to plan you a route that would work with the ones it did have.