TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Questioning the CNN Money Article About Buying Teslas

Discussion in 'News' started by Owner, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Owner

Owner Active Member

CNN Money has an article about where you can and cannot buy a Tesla.

The breakdown according to CNN is that sales are

Allowed - 4 states
    In Dispute - 15 states
    Not allowed - 4 states
    No locations - the rest

Folks in Washington, Oregon, Nevada, New York …. do you think your state is "in dispute" over Tesla sales?

Where you can buy a Tesla - CNNMoney

I did comment on their article directly too.

2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

That picture is all kinds of screwed up. If the question is 'where can you buy a Tesla', then all 50 states should be green because anyone can buy a Tesla online in every single state.

Now, if the question was 'where can you GO TO A STORE and BUY A TESLA FROM AN EMPLOYEE IN A STORE, then the map makes a little more sense. Although it should point out more clearly that for those states in RED all those people can still go online and order.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Washington was/is in dispute. They tried to stop any future stores from opening up in WA but didn't get that passed. They did keep any future manufacturers from doing what Tesla has done though and selling direct. Tesla also can't apply for a new license I believe and must use their existing sub license. This all got technical so I may have the details wrong. I'm sure the dealership lobby will take another crack at it next session too.

4. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

The dealers lost last year but I belive they are trying again this year in Minnesota.

5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Thugs!